Cottage Cheese - Interesting?

Options

Replies

• My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    OMG!! Just last week some one shared this site. Cottage cheese makes the most wonderfully thick shakes. My fave is the cheesecake. Here's where to go for the recipes: http://www.dashingdish.com/2010/03/i-cant-believe-its-not-a-milkshake/
    They will keep you full for hours and hours!

I am so trying on of these!!!!

I like my cottage cheese with a tbsp. of smucker's sugar free peach preserves... Mmmmmmm.....
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love to add hot sauce to mine, such as crystal or Frank's red hot :)
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    If I eat it as a snack I like to make it a sweeter taste,
    Dash of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp honey and add fruit - blueberries are great in it but any other fresh fruit is fabulous!
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    I love it mixed with my favorite yogurt, mixed with tuna and avocado on crackers, topped with fresh tomatoes,salt and pepper, mixed with any kind of fruit. So yummy and so many ways to eat it.
  • Debnva
    Debnva Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used to hate cottage cheese, but now I love it mixed with fresh fruit and drizzled lightly with honey. My favorite combo is strawberries, blueberries, apples, and a few pitted dark cherries if I have them, topped with cottage cheese, light sprinkle of nuts or sunflower kernels, and light drizzle of honey. Yum, yum, yum!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How do you make Cottage Cheese not so plain and boring?

i have the ready mixed cottage cheese with chives, yuuuuum!
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    All these sound so yummy! I also love it with Ranch Dressing mix, pop it in a blender for a nice thick dip for veggies.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Half a spoon on pesto, sprinkle of crunchy fried onions, handful of chopped walnuts, serve with smoked fish or chicken breasts. Love cottage cheese, lots of sodium though so thinking of trying to make my own!
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I used to walk by the cooler aisle where cottage cheese was. I saw Nordica Berry cottage cheese and thought "who the heck would want fruit in cottage cheese"? Now I am hooked. Although, I should make my own mix as the individual servings are very expensive. Healthy eating makes me go broke by the end of two weeks!
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Pineapple! Yummy! Or I eat it with a few crackers, like multi grain ones. But I love cottage cheese even plain so that's easy for me to eat.
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup cottage cheese and a TBLS of sugar free cheesecake pudding (or whatever flavor floats your boat) in a mini food processor - Yumm-O!

Going to try this. I usually eat it with tuna and fresh tomatoes. Or with peaches! I also use a half cup of cottage cheese mixed with small amount of my favorite salad dressing in my salads. I feel this stretches out the flavor in salad dressing without as many calories.
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    WOW!! There are some really interesting ideas. I'm scared of putting friut in it, but so many of you like and recommend it, I will have to try it. And I never thought of just plain pepper, or mixing in dip-y spices. I'm not so sure of making a smoothie from it, but it's worth a shot. I like cottage cheese plain, but it gets tiring after a while. Thanks for the great ideas!
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it anymore, I've switched to greek yogurt, but when I did, I liked to add sweetness to it and I found a teaspoon of apple butter mixed in was really nice.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I like it with LOTS of fresh ground black pepper. :heart:
    Is there any other way!!!!*:tongue:

*well of course there is as can be seen on this message board, but I prefer it savoury rather than sweet.
  • michbou
    michbou Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    try it with cantaloup. it is so good....
  • lori8431
    lori8431 Posts: 68
    Options
    These all sound good. I like on top of a small baked potatoe with salt and pepper.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    As others have said most of these I'll reiterate them as they are fav's too:

Tomatoes, salt & pepper
    pineapple
    fresh strawberries
    fresh raspberries
    fruit cocktail
  • pamparr
    pamparr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Inside a baked potato instead of sour cream. Add pepper, broccoli & a few shreds of cheddar cheese. Might be dinner tomorrow night now that I think about it!! Also with just pepper. Was strange the first time I saw FIL eat it that way but once tried, loved it!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    A little chopped onion and salt and pepper.

Any kind of fruit. I love canned peaches in it. I grew up eating fruit cocktail in it. I love to half a canteloupe and put a scoop of cc in it and eat. Any fresh fruit...peaches, cherries, grapes.

Makes great salad....cc, a little cool whip, package of jello and fruit to match the jello.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    i like mine with slices of fruit and some honey for breakfast....it makes it a nice sweet milky treat