for nerds who need to lose/gain weight

Options
yo yo yo so um.

this thread is for cosplayers, fangirls, fanboys, and everyone in between.
talk about why you wanna lose or gain weight and all that, but also rant about whatever is happening in your fandom rn.

I wanna lose body fat and gain muscle bc im doing a spiderman cosplay next year and I wanna get buff for it. im biologically female, so some might think it will be a struggle, but I actually gain muscle rlly easily lol.

what abt y'all?

Replies

• Imatrekkie
    Imatrekkie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Huge nerd/geek/cosplayer here. I'm a Trekkie first and foremost, but for the latest con my wife and I went as Bob and Linda Belcher of Bob's Burgers. :) Next con, in just a couple of weeks, I plan to go as Harry F Mudd. (ST, TOS version)
  • cryptidsun
    cryptidsun Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I dont do cosplay myself but my brother always loses 10-15 lbs every time he goes to cons for the 'right look'. He lost even more when he went as a warboy from mad max bc it was relevant for it :tongue:

I dont think i have the money for cosplay to be honest. Every time i go to cons i buy so many figures though. I have three whole shelves im running out of space on now... and then i have a lot of monster highs too. My black panther figure is one of my fabs though!
  • bardd1995
    bardd1995 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your username gave me chills
  • Lorelei19
    Lorelei19 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Imatrekkie wrote: »
    Next con, in just a couple of weeks, I plan to go as Harry F Mudd. (ST, TOS version)

Harry F Mudd!! Man, I haven't thought about that name in forever! I love his character. :smile:

I've always wanted to cosplay, but my weight held me back (it's a me thing). I'm hoping to lose enough weight that I can comfortably (in my mind) dress up! Fingers crossed!!
  • joe00678mfp
    joe00678mfp Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Health nerd, but not cosplay. I just want to help people where I can.
  • KingHurlbutt
    KingHurlbutt Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • MrStarkIDontWantToGo
    Options
    bardd1995 wrote: »
    Your username gave me chills

haha honestly tho.
  • DiviturLabimur
    DiviturLabimur Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I know Wolverine has been around for a long time but that's a goal of mine. I'm def not tall enough for Thor.
  • MrStarkIDontWantToGo
    Options
    Huge nerd/geek/cosplayer here. I'm a Trekkie first and foremost, but for the latest con my wife and I went as Bob and Linda Belcher of Bob's Burgers. :) Next con, in just a couple of weeks, I plan to go as Harry F Mudd. (ST, TOS version)

that sounds awesome, dude! I don't know much abt star trek, tho -_-
  • MrStarkIDontWantToGo
    Options
    cryptidsun wrote: »
    I dont do cosplay myself but my brother always loses 10-15 lbs every time he goes to cons for the 'right look'. He lost even more when he went as a warboy from mad max bc it was relevant for it :tongue:

I dont think i have the money for cosplay to be honest. Every time i go to cons i buy so many figures though. I have three whole shelves im running out of space on now... and then i have a lot of monster highs too. My black panther figure is one of my fabs though!

hey, I totally get it. I have a hecka ton of monster high dolls too :)
  • MrStarkIDontWantToGo
    Options
    Lorelei19 wrote: »
    Next con, in just a couple of weeks, I plan to go as Harry F Mudd. (ST, TOS version)

Harry F Mudd!! Man, I haven't thought about that name in forever! I love his character. :smile:

I've always wanted to cosplay, but my weight held me back (it's a me thing). I'm hoping to lose enough weight that I can comfortably (in my mind) dress up! Fingers crossed!!

haha yea. I used to weigh almost 200 pounds (keep in mind im somewhere between 5'7 ad 5'8), and I still cosplayed then, but it never felt quite right. I get where youre coming from, my dude!
  • Morndew698
    Morndew698 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Supernatural, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Star Wars, Sherlock, Avengers...too many fandoms, not enough time!
    I'm working my way through all the Star Treks with my 20 year old son and while the episode plays I ride my stationary bike. It's a great way to get in daily time for my son, my fandom, AND my cardio!
  • antsyartist
    antsyartist Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really want to lose some weight to be healthy enough to confidently attend my first convention. I have zero stamina at the moment really and also tons of anxiety. I think if I can push myself to get more active and lose weight it will help with my physical and mental hang ups a little bit. ^^

I'm mostly a D&D nerd but I dabble in Supernatural, Star Trek TNG, Dresden Files, anime
  • RanaSimon
    RanaSimon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Anime nerd and cosplayer here. Just wrapped up Otakon with a cosplay of Nana Shimura from My Hero Academia. Also a novel nerd, so LotR and HP are big ones for me. Marvel is my jam, my friends and I try to get a D&D campaign going every once in a while.
  • SolanineNightshade
    SolanineNightshade Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Not a cosplayer (I have no abilities in that area!) but love LOTR, Marvel (Sebastian Stan OMG), Star Trek, Star Wars, and Harry Potter. Looking to lose weight and gain some muscle - I want to do another triathlon and try a Spartan Race. Would love some people to connect with.
  • Crowned_Clown
    Crowned_Clown Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I haven't cosplayed in a while, but I definitely have anime cosplays in mind when I try to lose weight. I remember I felt like a boss doing Zoe Hanji (Attack on Titan) a few years back - my job at the time was very physically intensive, so my legs and arms were toned as *kitten*.

I try to keep the mantra "be at least half as badass as a JRPG character" in the back of my mind. Though admittedly with this heat, I usually manage a 20-min walk during lunch, and that's it. OTL
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    This is the kind of nerd I am - "nerd classic":

i97ftlqiv7mj.jpg
  • chubbycatcorner
    chubbycatcorner Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight so that when I go to Japan next year with me newly wedded husband I can actually fit into the clothes. Expecially lolita.
  • Chewbac7777
    Chewbac7777 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Big nerd comics sci fi everything looking to lose 30 more lbs looking for friends
  • Lorelei19
    Lorelei19 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Anyone still around?