Couldn't get in my zone

Options
2»

Replies

• shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    It happens, but you got through it. The next session will be better.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your kind, helpful and inspiring comments. I appreciate every one of them.

I will get back into my routine and keep on going through each workout, whether good or bad!

Any workout is better than a missed workout!
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    One plus of not getting in the zone... is the next time you do this workout.... the bar is super low. It is alot easier to beat a so-so workout. I always enjoy that fact and it usually spurs me on to really kill it so in the end, I'm probably about average.

Also I had to learn to give myself a break afterwards on not great workout days but also do some internal analyzing on possible reasons such as stress, sleep, eating, HORMONes :# , etc. so I can plan better next time.
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Today in my training session I couldn't get in my zone, and my workout just felt like rubbish.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Do you have any tips for when this happens?

I read somewhere (when I first started lifting, about 5-6 years ago) that the average person, for every five workouts they do, will have 2 good workouts, 2 okay workouts, and 1 bad workout.

In my experience this has been largely true. I workout 5-6 days per week (no less than 5 as dictated by my split) and I usually have one dog workout per week. It's just the nature of the beast.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    25% of workouts are fantastic. 25% feel like cr4p, and the rest are somewhere in between. Justdo it and wait for tomorrow's. A workout doesn't have to feel great to benefit you.