Hi, I'm Bri.. and I'm a food-aholic.

Options
Oooh, look at me! A member since....... January 2013?! No way!

I guess even back then I was trying to tell myself something. Did I listen? NOPE! And a whole year and a half later I came back to MFP and weighed in at a whole 20 pounds heavier!

Annnddd skip forward 3 more years to late 2017, weighing in at the very most I've ever seen on the scale... a full 45 pounds more than I've really ever wanted to be.

Did I go thru some crap those few years that caused the terrible weight gain? Most certainly! But doesn't everyone go thru things? I can't blame anyone but myself for what I did to myself anymore!

But, late 2017 I found the one thing that got me moving. The one thing that got me thinking. The one thing that motivates the hell out of me.. and the one thing I am eternally grateful for.

The kind of love that says, "I love you no matter what, for real." The kind of love that made me want to love myself again.

I got back on MFP 1 year ago tomorrow... weighed in with that very scary extra cargo... And then left you guys again! But, this time I left you for FatSecret. I didn't give MFP much credit, and the community on FatSecret was just AW INSPIRING! I simply weighed in and got INSTANT support from all kinds of people. I didn't have to be friends with these people, I didn't have to know these people... but they were THERE. I didn't have to post in a forum to get anyone's attention, I just had it. I had help.

Since then I've done a lot of research. I've overcalculated.. undercalculated.. simply got it all wrong... forgot to log.. didn't want to log.. started helping other people start logging.. exercised.. didn't exercise... binged... broken a toe...

In the end, here I am. 35 pounds gone in a year. Could I have done better? Sure. Could I have walked a little more? Drank a little more water? Eaten a few less calories? Probably. But what matters is that I am indeed here. I am happier, I am healthier, and now that this has become part of my lifestyle, my daily routines, my habits... I have found my way back to MFP and fully taking advantage of their premium membership and absolutely LOVE being able to customize to my very specific needs.

Replies