All Disease Begins In The Gut !

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Besides all the other nonsense....
    Am I the only one who feels that adults should not use the word "tummy" when speaking to other adults?
    Anyone older than 5 should not be using that word. It's called your stomach.

Bwahahahaha! ;)
    mx847woma08l.jpg
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    For many years I have studied nutropath and how our bodies have the ability to heal themselves (given the right conditions).

Stop eating bad salt (table salt that only has 2 minerals). Instead eat good salt - Celtic or Himalayan salt, that is actually good for you with it’s 82 minerals

You have to eat approximately 2 cups of salt per day to gain ANY benefit from minerals (except iodized table salt) it contains. 2 cups will kill you. Sea salt and specialty salts can have a flavor and texture which make them good for finishing a dish but add nothing nutritionally.

Drink more water

Only reasonable advice in all the woo, but I would state it as "get more fluids"
    Stop drinking coffee and other acidic drinks like cola because your body balances the PH levels by drawing on calcium from your bones - which is not good for you as it weakens your bones.

There is some evidence that drinking cola can reduce bone density but it is the phosphoric acid in it, not the pH that seems to be the culprit. This is a correlation that warrants further study to determine if it is actually a causation but it cannot be presented as fact yet.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Besides all the other nonsense....
    Am I the only one who feels that adults should not use the word "tummy" when speaking to other adults?
    Anyone older than 5 should not be using that word. It's called your stomach.

Why shouldn't adults use "tummy"? It's a cute word. I heard it comes from "tumescence', but I haven't looked up its etymology.

Agreed. Generally it is used when discussing something in a lighthearted manner rather than being serious. I tend to use it a lot out of habit because I foster kittens so I am always talking about the tummy.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    Look to the NHS

The NHS has saved my life more than once. AND it carried out ‘elective’ surgery on my bad ankle even though I was morbidly obese, which has allowed me to walk more than a hundred metres without pain.

What have you done?
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    What is NHS?
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    To the person who kindly asked, what is the NHS. The NHS is the British Health Service which is paid for by National Insurance, an additional tax to cover social costs, by the working population. The NHS is celebrating its 70th year of existence providing free health provision for those who need it without charges at the time, generally taken to be life long residents of the UK. So someone can be down on their uppers and still have healthcare. We should look after each other, its the humane thing to do.

No wonder I've never heard of it, I'm in the US, thank you.