536 days with MFP and 300.8lbs lost

Replies

• bossymom15
    bossymom15 Posts: 130 Member
    Fantastic!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    This is amazing! Congratulations on your success, I am super proud of you!! <3
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Incredible! Your story is soooooo inspirational! Can’t wait for you to share more of your journey! We all need success stories to keep us motivated! 🎉🎊🌺
  • crzycylr
    crzycylr Posts: 78 Member
    Woohoo!! Good for you! Thanks so much for sharing. After seeing your pictures, no wonder your doctor didn't recognize you.
  • gstaubs1
    gstaubs1 Posts: 200 Member
    Absolutely incredible. Thank you for sharing!
    nkiwsaecqwil.jpg
  • rptreglia
    rptreglia Posts: 15 Member
    crzycylr wrote: »
    Woohoo!! Good for you! Thanks so much for sharing. After seeing your pictures, no wonder your doctor didn't recognize you.

Now I need to go to a high school reunion and see if people recognize me lol
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    YAY!!!! This is awesome! I am so excited for you and your wife as you discover all the benefits of healthier eating and weight loss. Enjoy every minute of your life!
  • Congratulations!! You have done a great job! Thank you for posting your story I really needed a shot of motivation. Any tips you can offer?
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    Fantastic job, congratulations!
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Awe-inspiring!!!! Congrats and thanks for sharing!
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    O.M.G ... Just ... OMG!
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    rptreglia wrote: »
    Congratulations!! You have done a great job! Thank you for posting your story I really needed a shot of motivation. Any tips you can offer?

I meal prepped because I won’t buy fast food if I have food cooked already at home. I do the online Walmart grocery shopping and don’t buy junk food, that way it’s not in the house. I only drink water, my wife will drink pop still.

I always scour YouTube for videos of what healthy meals people are cooking and try to replicate them. I limit my red meat intake but that’s only because I love chicken a lot more than red meat. I also hate the smell of raw meat cooking, it turns my stomach.

I also have veggies with my meals and eat them first that way if I’m full I had all the healthier food first.

Love your tips! I am amazed you went from not cooking at home to meal prepping. It literally saved your life! Also like the idea of on-line shopping, you avoid any temptations. It's incredible that you basically just TOOK CHARGE of your life. Well done to the both of you.
  • fbcarlson
    fbcarlson Posts: 283 Member
    What an amazing journey you have had so far! So inspiring! Just what I needed as I start my own journey all over again. Thank you so much for sharing!
    I hope you and your wife have a great time in Disney!
  • rptreglia
    rptreglia Posts: 15 Member
    eminater wrote: »
    rptreglia wrote: »
    Congratulations!! You have done a great job! Thank you for posting your story I really needed a shot of motivation. Any tips you can offer?

I meal prepped because I won’t buy fast food if I have food cooked already at home. I do the online Walmart grocery shopping and don’t buy junk food, that way it’s not in the house. I only drink water, my wife will drink pop still.

I always scour YouTube for videos of what healthy meals people are cooking and try to replicate them. I limit my red meat intake but that’s only because I love chicken a lot more than red meat. I also hate the smell of raw meat cooking, it turns my stomach.

I also have veggies with my meals and eat them first that way if I’m full I had all the healthier food first.

Love your tips! I am amazed you went from not cooking at home to meal prepping. It literally saved your life! Also like the idea of on-line shopping, you avoid any temptations. It's incredible that you basically just TOOK CHARGE of your life. Well done to the both of you.

I loved cooking but I had grand illusions of what was actually healthy. I just assumed if it was home cooked it was healthy. Our favorite meal was splitting a pound of pasta with hot sausage ground up in the sauce. Tasted fantastic but doing the math it was like over 3k calories.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Thank you... Thank you.... Thank you
  • Christinaluvly
    Christinaluvly Posts: 116 Member
    You had me crying at work!! So happy for you! All that hard work and dedication is inspiring :smiley:
  • GuyanaGold21
    GuyanaGold21 Posts: 50 Member
    Excellent!! So wonderful to hear that you are now able to live a full life along side your wife. :)<3
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    z6es3r7p41xf.gif<3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!