Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

536 days with MFP and 300.8lbs lost

Replies

• anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    This is amazing! Congratulations on your success, I am super proud of you!! <3
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Incredible! Your story is soooooo inspirational! Can’t wait for you to share more of your journey! We all need success stories to keep us motivated! 🎉🎊🌺
  • crzycylr
    crzycylr Posts: 78 Member
    Woohoo!! Good for you! Thanks so much for sharing. After seeing your pictures, no wonder your doctor didn't recognize you.
  • gstaubs1
    gstaubs1 Posts: 200 Member
    Absolutely incredible. Thank you for sharing!
    nkiwsaecqwil.jpg
  • rptreglia
    rptreglia Posts: 15 Member
    crzycylr wrote: »
    Woohoo!! Good for you! Thanks so much for sharing. After seeing your pictures, no wonder your doctor didn't recognize you.

Now I need to go to a high school reunion and see if people recognize me lol
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    YAY!!!! This is awesome! I am so excited for you and your wife as you discover all the benefits of healthier eating and weight loss. Enjoy every minute of your life!
  • Congratulations!! You have done a great job! Thank you for posting your story I really needed a shot of motivation. Any tips you can offer?
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    Fantastic job, congratulations!
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Awe-inspiring!!!! Congrats and thanks for sharing!
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    O.M.G ... Just ... OMG!
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    rptreglia wrote: »
    Congratulations!! You have done a great job! Thank you for posting your story I really needed a shot of motivation. Any tips you can offer?

I meal prepped because I won’t buy fast food if I have food cooked already at home. I do the online Walmart grocery shopping and don’t buy junk food, that way it’s not in the house. I only drink water, my wife will drink pop still.

I always scour YouTube for videos of what healthy meals people are cooking and try to replicate them. I limit my red meat intake but that’s only because I love chicken a lot more than red meat. I also hate the smell of raw meat cooking, it turns my stomach.

I also have veggies with my meals and eat them first that way if I’m full I had all the healthier food first.

Love your tips! I am amazed you went from not cooking at home to meal prepping. It literally saved your life! Also like the idea of on-line shopping, you avoid any temptations. It's incredible that you basically just TOOK CHARGE of your life. Well done to the both of you.
  • fbcarlson
    fbcarlson Posts: 283 Member
    What an amazing journey you have had so far! So inspiring! Just what I needed as I start my own journey all over again. Thank you so much for sharing!
    I hope you and your wife have a great time in Disney!
  • rptreglia
    rptreglia Posts: 15 Member
    eminater wrote: »
    rptreglia wrote: »
    Congratulations!! You have done a great job! Thank you for posting your story I really needed a shot of motivation. Any tips you can offer?

I meal prepped because I won’t buy fast food if I have food cooked already at home. I do the online Walmart grocery shopping and don’t buy junk food, that way it’s not in the house. I only drink water, my wife will drink pop still.

I always scour YouTube for videos of what healthy meals people are cooking and try to replicate them. I limit my red meat intake but that’s only because I love chicken a lot more than red meat. I also hate the smell of raw meat cooking, it turns my stomach.

I also have veggies with my meals and eat them first that way if I’m full I had all the healthier food first.

Love your tips! I am amazed you went from not cooking at home to meal prepping. It literally saved your life! Also like the idea of on-line shopping, you avoid any temptations. It's incredible that you basically just TOOK CHARGE of your life. Well done to the both of you.

I loved cooking but I had grand illusions of what was actually healthy. I just assumed if it was home cooked it was healthy. Our favorite meal was splitting a pound of pasta with hot sausage ground up in the sauce. Tasted fantastic but doing the math it was like over 3k calories.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Thank you... Thank you.... Thank you
  • Christinaluvly
    Christinaluvly Posts: 116 Member
    You had me crying at work!! So happy for you! All that hard work and dedication is inspiring :smiley:
  • GuyanaGold21
    GuyanaGold21 Posts: 50 Member
    Excellent!! So wonderful to hear that you are now able to live a full life along side your wife. :)<3
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    z6es3r7p41xf.gif<3
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    I hope you realize how many people you are helping by posting your story! Bravo!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!