So I am gonna do a thing

Options
TODAY IS 9/1/18 and I have been feeling my blood sugar is at an unhealthy levels so as a spritual non medical if all possiable type person I am going to try a healthy approach.. this is Day one because I am a Gemini and I never start anything on the first 😍

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What is the healthy approach? Have you measured your bood sugar, or is it just a feeling?
  • ladyethorne1
    ladyethorne1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Whacha gonna do?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    If you are not feeling well in some way how do you know it is blood sugar and not something else? And what changes are you going to make?

You say you are going to try the "healthy approach" surely the healthy approach would be to get a proper diagnosis.

I am not deriding your spirituallity or your aversion to things medical. I am genuinely curious.

Because I am a Scorpio I am always questioning things?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Knowing is better than guessing, otherwise, it is fruitless.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    RonyMack wrote: »
    Knowing is better than guessing, otherwise, it is fruitless.
    No need to eliminate fruit unless she's doing Keto.

I thinks figs are okay.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend that you go get a blood test if you think there is something wrong with your blood glucose levels. It's too important to guess, because there is a lot more at stake in terms of your long term health. If there is a problem, you will have to adopt a healthy lifestyle, and if there isn't a problem, at least you will know.
    My husband was diagnosed July 3rd. He had no symptoms, until his blood test confirmed that he had it. We've both adopted a healthy lifestyle which includes eating healthy, portion control and exercise. I'm a Sagg and sometimes we are very direct.
  • kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Well, it's Virgo season – good time to start a self-improvement project. When dealing with your health I would encourage a scientific approach. ;)
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Having dangerously high blood sugar is an awful feeling. If you do feel this way, you have my sympathy! But what if it's something else wrong? Your assumptions could leave another illness untreated.

I'm also a Gemini - and a diabetic. And I also prefer not needing medication. What I advise is not hiding from the truth. Go to a doctor and get an A1c test (which tests the glucose levels of your blood for the past three months) and find out if you have a blood sugar problem. If you do, most doctors will encourage you to make lifestyle changes before going to meds. In my case I lost 125 lbs, learned through testing to eat only the carbs I could handle at one sitting, and increased my exercise. Now my levels are normal and I don't need medication.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Pisces here, caring personality. Hugs, OP.
  • dr_corrigall
    dr_corrigall Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    There is no way this forum is going to resolve the test-or-no-test debate. That's a question of different world philosophies of knowledge. What is important is that living like you have a blood sugar problem almost certainly isn't going to hurt you as long as you do it seriously and do it right. But that does mean getting a lot of other data. I'd say you're at the right site, and this is one of only two sites for which I've paid a subscription. The extra data is worth it.

Just know that everything will be a lot easier by the end of the month. Treat the supermarket like a library and you'll find some good replacement foods. You'll have new meal habits in a couple of weeks. You'll have a full list of foods and recipes here, which will make entering daily meals much easier. You'll be used to it. Get through the first couple of weeks and it gets so much easier. (I ate a small bag of my old favorite snack, peanut M&Ms, last week, and was amazed at how uncomfortably sweet they were. No more of those for me...) Just watch out for carbs, which have a way of becoming more desirable as sugar goes down.

September will be a challenge, but by October it will just be the new you if you stick with it this month.

(Disclosure: My "dr" is a Ph.D., not an M.D. I don't want my username to be misleading.)
  • Dlh6f
    Dlh6f Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, it's Virgo season – good time to start a self-improvement project. When dealing with your health I would encourage a scientific approach. ;)

This. ^ On both counts; though I never knew that Virgo (my sign) was associated so heavily with self-improvement. Certainly would explain my suddenly stronger-than-usual call to drastically improve myself and align with goals, lol. Maybe.

As a Gemini you should be able to embrace the duality of supporting your health through both evidence-based medicine (including diagnostic procedures) and holistic/spiritual approaches.

I like a mix of both scientific and holistic/spiritual approaches. Science is beautifully exacting, but there's going to be uncharted territory with issues that happen from time to time - non-physical causes that only you can know the answer to. That's where listening to your body / having a good relationship with self will come in handy.

#rambling #imnewhere