one month in....

Options
a month ago was when i stepped foot on that scale, and saw a number that truly horrified me.
the following day, i decided it was time to take this thing seriously.... and well, my ticker says it all....

17 pounds, in one month.

i am so excited, that there is no way i'm going back now... more veggies, alot more walking, and yes, the odd splurge now and then, but, no way am i going back to the way it was. i can't.

Replies

• Chunkabutt83
    Options
    congrats! Amazing job
  • Wisawobby
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • Mottomaki
    Options
    Thats fantastic. Congratulations.
  • lulupallooza
    lulupallooza Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! YAY!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!
  • tashacan
    tashacan Posts: 121
    Options
    That is fantastic! I will be one month in on Monday...I don't think I am going to hit the 17 lb mark but I still feel great! Keep up the good work!
  • DawnWendalynn1973
    DawnWendalynn1973 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    WOOT WOOT!!! And....you are very welcome for being the one that supplied the scale for that first weigh in. :):):)
  • Jelleebean
    Jelleebean Posts: 212
    Options
    WOOT WOOT!!! And....you are very welcome for being the one that supplied the scale for that first weigh in. :):):)

you're lucky i didn't throw it off the balconey :)
    you're lucky i luv ya ;)
  • Jelleebean
    Options
    thanks all... i'm super stoked about this, and am looking forward to the final result :D
    i will never be a size 2.... but, a 10 or 12 would be nice

the joys of being 5'3" with the shoulders of a small linebacker :D
  • caramel1920
    Options
    Wow, thanks for sharing! I think you are amazing and inspiring, keep up the good work!
  • DawnWendalynn1973
    DawnWendalynn1973 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

you're lucky i didn't throw it off the balconey :)
    you're lucky i luv ya ;)

That would have made me sad cuz I just bought it...hehe.

Yep I am lucky!!!
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    How did you do it? Did you work out everyday? What did you eat? That's awesome! Congrats! I would LOVE to lose 17 in a month!
  • Jelleebean
    Options
    How did you do it? Did you work out everyday? What did you eat? That's awesome! Congrats! I would LOVE to lose 17 in a month!

simply switched from eatting fast food every day, to bringing my lunch (not saying i don't still splurge once in a while) drinking gallons upon gallons of more water, and walking to and from work just about every day, that alone is 90 minutes worth of walk.
    it was fairly simple... just a matter of keeping an eye on what i'm eatting, walking, and drinking water. yet, still not depriving myself. if i want chocolate, instead of going for a full sized (and by full sized, i mean family sized) chocolate bar, i'll have a bag of thinstations crumbled in some yogurt :)
    it's the little things that are adding up to the big thing...... and, if you'd seen my intake before i started taking this seriously, you'd understand how 17 pounds came off :)
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Great work!!! Keep it going! :-)
  • tb1006
    tb1006 Posts: 19
    Options
    wow! that's great! thank you for you that. I am in 2 weeks and am feeling discouraged by not seeing more of a weight loss on the scale. this shows me that I can and I will get there. It just takes time. I am learning that and CANNOT let myself down again and quit!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!