Breakfast???

Options

Replies

• Semperfione
    Options
    You know I never did eat breakfast, unless it was on the weekends, and then it was a hugh helping of bacon, eggs, grits, toast with lots of butter, hash browns....crispy...coffee, mmmm, NO NO, NOT MMMM....LOL

Bottom line, I now eat a banana....that is it....I enjoy it and still only eat breakfast if I am really hungry, and it's the same ole, banana...LOL

It is worth it not to eat the way I use to. Good luck on whatever your goals are here....

Semper Fi,
  • Paddy31
    Paddy31 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love a bowl of porridge in the winter. When it's proper nasty outside and I've still got to get to work, Bran Flakes just won't do it.

At work, we have breakfast club for the kids and they always serve porridge with honey. And bacon, eggs beans and fried bread! That will set you up for the day!

When I was a kid my favourite thing was to have Corn Flakes (Kellogg's not the evil Tesco ones my Mum kept buying) with the cream from the top of the milk and a big spoon of sugar. Spot the 70's kid!
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Old Fashioned Oatmeal w/frozen blueberries and applesauce added in. Or, an eggwhite and cheddar breakfast sandwich, sometimes with turkey bacon, on a sprouted wheat english muffin.
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Old Fashioned Oatmeal w/frozen blueberries and applesauce added in. Or, an eggwhite and cheddar breakfast sandwich, sometimes with turkey bacon, on a sprouted wheat english muffin.
  • StellaBby10
    Options
    I usually eat a slice of toasted whole wheat bread with a thin coat of jelly for flavor. and a couple scrambled eggs! fills me up until lunch and is not many calories...the eggs are like 140 cals for two (70 a piece) and the bread (natures own whole wheat 14g per slice) is 50 cals a slice!! (=

i also like to eat a can of tuna (5 oz nothing added just tuna plain) and a hard boiled egg for breaki sometimes.... doesn't sound like a typical breakfast meal but thats why i like it =b tuna has very little calories and a whole can (5oz) will be plenty to fill u with a boiled egg!!
  • asullivan18
    Options
    I read somewhere that eating about 30 grams of protein for breakfast helps all day with reducing hunger, maintaining energy, and preventing dramatic dips in blood glucose levels. I have been trying this for about a month now and can honestly say I have seen all those results. I have 4 eggs scrambled on 2 slices light wheat toast every morning. It's about 420 calories, but I stay under my calorie goal with my workouts. Before this, I tried the cheerios, but I always felt worn out half way through my workouts. This new breakfast plan + a change in my workout routine has helped me bust through a plateau I have been on for several months. I am back on track with weight loss and feeling better than ever!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I usually have eggs and breakfast sausage. Today I was running late, so I picked up a sugar free protein shake. Mmmmm....
  • ammient3
    ammient3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    SMOOTHIES!!! I cut up & freeze my fresh fruit, then I add raw fresh spinach, nonfat plain greek yogurt, Flaxseed, water, blend!!! You can change it daily!! It fills me up and I'm not dragging around feeling like I'm going to fall over!! Then after your workout if your hungry then eat something!!! Good Luck:)
  • lisamac62
    lisamac62 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite breakfast is:
    1 mini bagel with 2 T weight watcher cream cheese
    1 Morning Star Veggie sausage pattie either regular, maple or hot n spicy
    1 fresh fruit my favorite is a peach or strawberries with this breakfast
    I toast the bagel put a tablespoon on each side and the sausage in the middle.
    Some days I go to work at 7am and don't get a break until 1pm this usually stays with me.
    Good luck and have a great day:smile:
    :smile:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i have one serving of cereal, b/c i too genuinely LIKE cereal, with unsweetened chocolate almond milk on it. then i have one egg and a 1/4 c. of shred cheese in a tortillia. it's quick, it's filling and i don't have junk calories in there. except for the coffee. b/c me without coffee looks like this:

Velociraptor20attack.jpg
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Yes you want protein with your breakfast, eggs are good if you eat them. In fact studies have shown that people who eat eggs for breakfast are more likely to lose more weight.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2008-08/epr-awe080408.php
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I almost always have:
    A serving of old fashioned oatmeal made with water (5 minutes at 50% power in the microwave)
    After cooking add:
    some cinnamon
    a little milk
    a scoop of vanilla protein
    a quarter cup blueberries (I use Wyman's of Maine - Fresh Frozen Wild Blueberries so they are available year round)

YUMM!
  • hkatrina
    Options
    I like to add fruit to my breakfasts. One of my favorites is two frozen low-fat waffles topped with a cup of sliced fruit (strawberries, blueberries, etc.) and whipped topping.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    It's high in calories but I positively love my morning protein shake:
    1 big spoonful of teddie's peanut butter with flaxseed oil
    1-2 bananas (depending on the workout I'll do that morning)
    1 scoop of chocolate peanut butter syntha-6 slow release protein
    2 scoops of chocolate Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex protein (fast protein)
    8 ice cubes
    about 16 oz of water

Blended up really well it tastes (to me at least) like a reeses peanut butter cup. I'll either drink it on the train to work (my gym's in the city and I go there before going to the office) or after my workout depending on how I'm feeling. That one shake and lots of water usually keeps me full until 2-3PM. I've been eating my lunches later so that my dinner portions are smaller. And that's including days like today where I burned 900 calories on cardio. It is like 700-800 calories for the shake though, so don't know if you want that.
  • josaleigh
    Options
    Morning Star - Original Sausage Patties-Veggie Patties, 1 patty
    Homemade - Egg White 1 Scrambled, 1 large (1.2 oz)
    Bread - Sandwich Thins - Arnold Select - Whole Wheat, 1 roll
    197 calories

Result... fantastic veggie sausage breakfast sandwich with calories to spare if you want to add cheese!
  • StellaBby10
    Options
    I almost always have:
    A serving of old fashioned oatmeal made with water (5 minutes at 50% power in the microwave)
    After cooking add:
    some cinnamon
    a little milk
    a scoop of vanilla protein
    a quarter cup blueberries (I use Wyman's of Maine - Fresh Frozen Wild Blueberries so they are available year round)

YUMM!

that sounds delish!!
  • Chainsaw_Flowerchild
    Options
    Today I had Lucerne Best of the Egg Whites with Jimmy Dean Hearty Turkey Sausage Crumbles. yum
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am currently eating a cup of Fage 2% Greek Yogurt with 1/4 cup natural almonds, 1/4 cup golden raisins, and 1 cup (with pits) of cherries.

high in protein and fiber. A bit high in sugar but MOST of it is natural sugar.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    These breakfast dishes sound like lots of work that early in the morning! I couldn't possibly think of grabbing anything else but a banana or granola bar. Coffee in one hand, granola bar in the other. I figure at least I'm eating.
  • jess213tx
    jess213tx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I usually stop on my way to work for breakfast (especially when I work out in the morning). My favorite is Einstein Bros. Bagels - Bagel Thin Egg White with Turkey Sausage. It only has 240 calories. If you want a few more calories, you can add cheese.

This can also easily be made from home! Turkey Sausage - Egg Whites - Thin Sandwhich Bun (such as Nature's Own)