Post your favorite glute work outs!!! 🍑

Options
Looking for new exercises to help myself and others grow their glutes! Post what ya got- pics/ videos would be awesome.

Replies

• carabev8
    carabev8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’ll start... I love single leg, barbell deadlifts to really focus on one glute at a time. Such a killer 🔥🔥🔥n8pm6blf9hsg.png
  • carabev8
    carabev8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Barbell hip thrusts are my all time fave

0qccv1ewk867.jpeg
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Today I did back squats, bb rdl's, b stance hip thrust on Smith machine, abduction on machine, and single leg back extensions, oh and good mornings too
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    ^^ That’s amazing....and damn accurate for when I catch people staring...fun times.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    BNY721 wrote: »
    ^^ That’s amazing....and damn accurate for when I catch people staring...fun times.

It's hypnotic and creepy. Which is probably why it's stayed with me.
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yesss which is why I enjoy it. >:):D

OP..I stick with the basics...back squats, sumo deadlifts, Bulgarian split squats, and reverse lunges, and a lot of band work after for burnouts...I do like the single RDL’s with a kettlebell
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    The old hip thrusters are a killer! I also do lunges, deadlifts, Bulgarian split squats. I'm out of love with squats currently, just CBF.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    carabev8 wrote: »
    Barbell hip thrusts are my all time fave

0qccv1ewk867.jpeg

This is the one I was thinking of, but have a different visual that has stuck with me for years:

7bi68.gif

:D:D:D Hilarious. So glad I don't go to a gym anymore and can workout in my basement lol. Hip thrusts in public seem sooooo awkward.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

They are all I ever needed to have a juicy peach.

Lol. I'm reading that in a very deadpan tone of voice.

I'm more partial to barbell glute bridges than hip thrusts. They just feel better to me. With HTs, I feel like I'm flinging the weight too much.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Definitely experiment with different movements/exercises to see what works best for you.
    For myself, I prefer the hip thrust above all others. I love variety though, so I will work the glutes from all different angles or vectors and pay attention to how they feel for me... horizontal (hip thrusts, glute bridges), vertical (squats, deadlifts), lateral/rotary/combination (abductions, bandwalks, kickbacks etc)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

I'm more partial to barbell glute bridges than hip thrusts. They just feel better to me. With HTs, I feel like I'm flinging the weight too much.

What's the difference.

Signed,

Working on that onion booty.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I am doing the strong curves program and have started doing reverse hyper-extensions (I think that's what they're called) and that is one of my new favorites lol. lots of burn going on with that one.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I do glute bridges cause I have no room for a bench. Definitely a good burn there.
    And like they say, squat til you're hot.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I love glute bridges! I’ve tried to do hip thrusts at the gym, but the bench just keeps sliding back and it’s all just a mess. I just can’t get my angle right with my shoulders. Boooo!
    I also love dreadlifts! I do straight legs and Romanians.
    I used to squat but my right knee started going all funny so I stick with the leg press. No squat booty for me, just deadlift booty. (Which I think makes a better booty anyway, but shhhhhh).
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    Options

Same. I never felt anything in my glutes from hip thrusting until I started really concentrating on the posterior pelvic tilt, and even then I get more from bridges. I'm only 5'2" so thrusting from a bench is awkward and that's the best set-up I can get in my gym (Puregym, no booty-builders there!!) Also I had a numb leg for 6 weeks due to a compressed nerve from hip thrusts, eventually I'll invest in a thicker/better bar pad and try them again but I'm okay without them for now.

Foot-forward squats on the smith are my go-to tbh, I recently started single leg variations (so a lunge but back foot completely off the ground) and and I am definitely feeling those! One of my adductors is (for lack of a real medical diagnosis) "dodgy" so single leg anything without the stability of the smith is a risk. Want to marry that thing.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Just back squats and lunges for me :)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options

What's the difference.

Signed,

Working on that onion booty.

A glute bridge is done with your back on the floor and the hip thrust has your upper back up against the edge of a bench. Other than that, they are the same.

20160609164259_barbell_glute_bridge.gif?alt=how%20to%20get%20a%20bigger%20bum?

Thanks! I have tried hip thrusts a couple times, but like another poster stated, the bench slides and it is just awkward. I might just start doing glute bridges unweighted every day then slowly work up to weights.

I'm loving this thread!