ShakeWeight

Options
2»

Replies

• Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    ... not some gimmick that makes you look like you are tossing off a moose. :bigsmile:

Thanx for that visual, I needed a good laugh today!

:laugh:

Ice
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    i use it everyday... but i never log it bc you can't be burning calories or anything and i've seen a difference in my arms.. it's not something you can do and only do that to get results, but for me it was the extra little something that made the difference.. i also do zumba and use handweights or toning sticks during zumba..
  • dibboozy
    dibboozy Posts: 17
    Options
    Wow thanks for all your comments!

Reason I asked was i'm pretty sure one of my friends is getting this for my birthday present and I had major doubts about it (i've already got weights thats I use and don't need any more1) but I guess it's too late, I can't really turn around and ask them to take it back :oS.

I guess what i'll do is try it out (even is it does look ridiculous!) and see how it goes.

Thanks again! x
  • dibboozy
    dibboozy Posts: 17
    Options
    Just watch the southpark episode dedicated to this....lol HILARIOUS!

Someone has sent this to me and the youtube advert - OMG how funny!!!!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Reason I asked was i'm pretty sure one of my friends is getting this for my birthday present and I had major doubts about it (i've already got weights thats I use and don't need any more1) but I guess it's too late, I can't really turn around and ask them to take it back :oS.

I guess what i'll do is try it out (even is it does look ridiculous!) and see how it goes.

Thanks again! x

I got mine as a gift too. But it was my fault because when they first came out I said I thought it looked cool. I thought it was battery operated and moved on it's own and you were supposed to try and hold it still. I still think something like that would be a good workout, but I suppose it might use a LOT of batteries. My 8 yo grandson likes to use it though so it's not a total loss. :ohwell:
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    i got one b'c my hubbys grandmother got it and the only reason i do it everyday is b'c she wants me to do it with her.. but i can feel it.. but we have the mens one and thats' waht i use.

but dont expect anything DRASTIC
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    i got one b'c my hubbys grandmother got it and the only reason i do it everyday is b'c she wants me to do it with her.. but i can feel it.. but we have the mens one and thats' waht i use.

but dont expect anything DRASTIC

That would be so... awkward.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

Thanks again! x

I got mine as a gift too. But it was my fault because when they first came out I said I thought it looked cool. I thought it was battery operated and moved on it's own and you were supposed to try and hold it still. I still think something like that would be a good workout, but I suppose it might use a LOT of batteries. My 8 yo grandson likes to use it though so it's not a total loss. :ohwell:

I think it's great that your grandson is enjoying it. Boys need to learn to work those muscles! :happy:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

Thanks again! x

I think it's great that your grandson is enjoying it. Boys need to learn to work those muscles! :happy:

Does the ShakeWeight reduce the instances of hairy palms and eyesight loss?
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Just remember to hold it like you own it.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Over on Fitocracy that thing will take away your hard earned points. :laugh:

Total gimmick.
  • Ninnifer
    Ninnifer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like the shake weight. I "feel the burn" a lot faster than with regular weights. I haven't used it consistantly enough to tell results. It must do something because I used it for 10 minutes last night and my arms are sore today. It's fun :)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    are you seriously?
  • FindingFit50s
    Options

Thanks again! x

I got mine as a gift too. But it was my fault because when they first came out I said I thought it looked cool. I thought it was battery
    operated and moved on it's own and you were supposed to try and hold it still. I still think something like that would be a good workout, but I suppose it might use a LOT of batteries. My 8 yo grandson likes to use it though so it's not a total loss. :ohwell:

Does the ShakeWeight reduce the instances of hairy palms and eyesight loss?

(• )..( •)
    <v>
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    If
    Bus fare = $2.50
    and
    Shake Weight = $29.95
    I figure I should only have to use it 12 times to have it pay for itself. After that I think it would make a good conversation piece on the coffee table.
    I bet I could get my mother-in-law to knit a cozy for it that compliments the subtle hues in the drapes.