last few lbs

Options
I have about 3 to 4lbs left to lose, my weight has stayed the same for about 3 weeks now..iv'e upped my cals from 1200 to 1400 as iv'e read on many posts here that thats the way to go....any comments would be appreciated :)

Replies

• lorettatat
    Options
    I would be interested on hearing comments also. I am in the same place you are.
  • Sarahnats
    Sarahnats Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    cool, it's so frustrating isn't it?!
  • sexyharleymama
    Options
    I hear that. I have been trying to lose my last 6 lbs for about two months. argggg:grumble:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Still a good chance you aren't eating enough. To figure it out though, look at the below link. How if your lifestyle? How much do you work out? I have had to increase my calories from 2000 to 3000 over the past few months to turn fat into muscle. And I am still losing weight very slowly.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
  • zohars
    zohars Posts: 29
    Options
    How much do you weigh now and how tall are you? When you get closer to your goal weight it can get harder because you're already so close to a healthy weight (depending on your goal). Eating really cleanly can help, as can strength training if you don't already do that.
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, and thinking about upping my cals or drop from losing 1 pound a week to .5 pounds a week! Maybe it might work for you?
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    When did you up your cals? Give it 1-2 weeks after upping them to expect a difference.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Also, make sure you set your goal to lose .5 lbs per week. Additionally, as you get closer to your goal, you need to reevaluate your caloric needs. As your body loses weight, your metabolism can slow down unless you work to increase the muscle mass (lean body mass [lbm]). Look at the website I posted and post the chart results. Also, if you make your diary public we can analyze it a bit to see if there is any area's for improvement.
  • Sarahnats
    Sarahnats Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 2in and weigh 132lb just been on the link that psulemon suggested and they say 2046 cals a day as i excersise and have a physical job as a restaurant manager so am on my feet alot and i should continue to see a steady weightloss...it seems sooo much to be ble to lose weight still but loads of peeps on here have said it worked for them so it has to be worth a go...thankyou for all the helpful comments :)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of good information in this "Last 10 Pounds Club" thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/245433-last-10-pounds-club
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Im 5ft 2in and weigh 132lb just been on the link that psulemon suggested and they say 2046 cals a day as i excersise and have a physical job as a restaurant manager so am on my feet alot and i should continue to see a steady weightloss...it seems sooo much to be ble to lose weight still but loads of peeps on here have said it worked for them so it has to be worth a go...thankyou for all the helpful comments :)
    Trust me, that website is fairly accurate. Do yourself a favor and every week try to increase yoru calories by 200-250 until your reach 2000 calories. This is what I have been doing over the last few months and it's working for me. I have also used this technique with others with the same success. Also, make sure you factor your workout into the multiplier. This way, you eat the same calories each day and don't have to worry about eating back exercise calories.

For example, I work behind a desk but i workout 6 days a week for 45-60 minutes a day. I am moderately to very active so I eat around 3000+ calories each day.