Killing it with Keto (and this app)

Options
I found myself ballooning up to 250 lbs and it is very hard to find time to get in a good workout. The way I was eating was not terrible, but not great for losing weight. Then, some of my friends turned me on to the Keto diet and it has been a life savor. I like to use myfitnesspal app to stay focused on my daily goals. Every time I eat, exercise or weigh myself, I log it into the app. I love being able to easily see my progress and what I need to eat more or less of throughout the day. Currently down 18 lbs and still truckin'!

Replies

• Bcheeksster
    Bcheeksster Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too am trying to follow keto and i started lossing againhad been in a stall
  • fverret
    fverret Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is awesome to hear! I started around the same weight and quit keto when I had my gallbladder out. Back on the train and lost 5 lbs. so far (in two weeks). Still trying to work in exercise but being persistent.
  • pembrey316
    pembrey316 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too have been on for almost three weeks! Like the OP I was pushing 250 in May and then lost almost 20 pounds over two months prepping a house for sale & keeping almost nothing in the kitchen.

I continued to try to control calories while back home with my family but my body was working against me & craving excess food & carbs to send me back to 250.

I felt that desperate measures were called for and when I read about keto, was surprised at the more current wealth of research and info on it versus Atkins.

Am here because having some fatigue and other difficulty due to emotional eating and perhaps kicking myself out of ketosis and/or not taking in the correct vitamin & mineral supplements for this kind of diet. Am going to get brewers yeast first.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Hi folks..Congrats on your keto success!! May I ask about how many grams of carbs you eat daily ?
  • fatketogirl
    fatketogirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just shy of 4 months keto and exercise and down 35lbs. I gained 100lbs with back to back pregnancies. So I'm not where I want to be but I'm working on it(:
  • mazurkiepolish
    mazurkiepolish Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    yukfoo wrote: »
    Hi folks..Congrats on your keto success!! May I ask about how many grams of carbs you eat daily ?

I think it’s 20-25 grams of carbs allowed a day.
  • jckgmz
    jckgmz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto too! It's been working awesome for me and keeping a food log definitely helps! I was 220lbs (after my pregnancy) and currently I am at 196lbs. I e noticed that keeping track on what 8 eat has helped a lot on my journey.
  • callmenikita
    callmenikita Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    jckgmz wrote: »
    I've been doing keto too! It's been working awesome for me and keeping a food log definitely helps! I was 220lbs (after my pregnancy) and currently I am at 196lbs. I e noticed that keeping track on what 8 eat has helped a lot on my journey.

definitely! and it helps me make sure i get my healthy fat in 15lbs down so far!
  • roguehobbit_lula
    Options
    Husband and I have been following keto for just over 3 months and are in love. Now that we're closer to our goals, we've started modifying to allow a little more flexibility (all veggies except starches are free carbs, fruits allowed in moderation), but still keeping it a keto focus.

I definitely love how I feel, especially since the inflammation in my joints have gone down and I feel like my hunger is better moderated.