Best gym clothes!!

Options
Can you please tell me which brand or item of activewear do you prefer and why? It can be cause it's really comfortable, the fabric, the price or just cause it makes you look good. (it doesn't need to be a famous brand)
Thank you!!!!

Replies

• Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Nike. I always get it at the end of season when it is 50% discount. Adidas I like second best, it is cheaper than Nike in general but I feel quality is a bit less and lately they have some weird designs. I also have gymahark clothes but price/quality wise it is not worth it.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Athleta. Good quality but a bit pricey. The best thing is that if you work out in it and don't like how it performs, you can return it.
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I like gymshark but for the longest time I wore the reflex 90-degree...I also just ordered from Til you Collapse...so hoping they fit well!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    I am a big fan of Athleta. Good quality but a bit pricey. The best thing is that if you work out in it and don't like how it performs, you can return it.

How exactly does this work? I mean I get pretty sweaty while working out so they're really going to accept sweaty stinky leggings if I'm satisfied with how they fit/perform during a workout? I'm not being snide or facetious. I'm genuinely curious.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    BNY721 wrote: »
    I like gymshark but for the longest time I wore the reflex 90-degree...I also just ordered from Til you Collapse...so hoping they fit well!

I bought 2 pair of reflex 90-degree and after it was already too late to ship them back, I discovered they were completely SHEER. :flushed:
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I exclusively used Gaiam brand pants/shorts that I buy at Kohls when they have sales. Very good for the price and squat proof and don't move when I'm running. For tops I'm much more lenient, just as long as they're sweat wicking material, actually I usually just wear my sports bras for tops now that I only work out at home.
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    BNY721 wrote: »

I bought 2 pair of reflex 90-degree and after it was already too late to ship them back, I discovered they were completely SHEER. :flushed:

Oh no...I mean it’s been a while but I have never had that issue...but yes no bueno.
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    For me, it depends on the exercise. For cardio and weight training, Adidas is my favourite, and for yoga, I can't go past SoulFlower.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I like the Gaiam pants from Kohl’s also. Nice fit and seem to be well made. Kohl’s is always running some sort of discount/sale.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options

How exactly does this work? I mean I get pretty sweaty while working out so they're really going to accept sweaty stinky leggings if I'm satisfied with how they fit/perform during a workout? I'm not being snide or facetious. I'm genuinely curious.

Of course you would wash them before bringing them back, but yes, you can return them. Seriously.
  • jacksonlyss
    jacksonlyss Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love GapFit. I usually order through Gap Factory because it is a lot cheaper. I am a Fitness Center Director, and I wear the pants daily. They are wonderful quality. The fit is always tricky, sometimes 2 larges don't fit the same, but if you can find the right fit, they are wonderful! They usually have pretty decent sales, as well.

I have some Old Navy tops, but not a fan of the bottoms I have there, as they tend to be more patterns and for looks rather than work (funny since Gap and Old Navy are basically the same).

I also have some Reebok tops that I have found to do really well. I sweat quite a bit when I exercise, and I have not had any problem with them retaining smells. They are also really breathable.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Of course you would wash them before bringing them back, but yes, you can return them. Seriously.

I was wondering because a lot of places won't accept something back if you've washed it, so I wasn't sure. Good to know! I have a pair of pants I got from there and I wasn't 100% loving them but I washed them. Nice to know I can still return them.

Thanks for the help! :smiley:
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Lululemon - cute and comfortable! ☺️
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Zella leggings are great. Not particular on tops.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Violatethedresscode.com Make sure you have a promo code, though. They do them all the time.

jaulotdu9d5l.jpg

• bhcarman
    bhcarman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Gymshark. They ship it from the UK but I am impressed with all the stuff I have gotten from them. Crossfit wrecks workout clothes and so far my GS gear has been great. It is light weight, fits true, does not stretch out when washed and does not hold smell. Maybe that is just a guy thing.
  • gstaubs1
    gstaubs1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I love my Adidas a little pricey but I won't wear anything else.

fc11jjgbtcte.jpg

ek32eoj7uoqd.jpg

• Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,470 Member
    Options
    I prefer Puma and Gymshark clothes. They just somehow fit better...

I prefer Asics and Reebok footwear...same reason!

I generally only buy in sales! :smile:
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thread will probably disappear given this site is owned by underarmor....

Shirts - generally cotton-spandex (3-5%) blends are a good balance of being breathable, flexible/stretchy, & have the ability to wick sweat. Lyrca/Modal is another favorite of mine (better for sleepwear really) - most breathable/coolest material but the huge con is lack of ability to handle sweat (it's paper thin). Long-line cuts for us tall lanky people is a must for the gym

Pants - nylon ("wind pants" material) - great for humid weather. Con is lack of color variety available due the the difficulty in dying the material and some do not like the "swoosh" sound (minimal with proper sizing). I absolutely can not stand pure polyester (heat/lack of airflow).

Socks - acrylic all the way for blister prevention & not having excessive dead skin build up (endurance sports).

Brands - Calvin Klein (modal stuff), Gym shark (tops - they have long line cuts), Adidas (epic-never goes out of style 3 stripe nylon wind pants)...ideally no logos or minimal logo stuff