Gutted

Options
So I weigh the same as I did back in May, still training 3 times a week, my calories are always under 2000, eating as clean as I can. I am thinking about going down to 1800 calories now as I am absolutely fed up.

I am going to try and walk 2 hours a day to burn 3500 calories a week, on top of my 3 gym sessions where I hit the weights doing compound moments. Although my strength and endurance has increased my weight has remained the same. I do not snack, I do not like chocolates, sweets or ice cream, my carbs are always quite low. It's annoying the hell out of me.

c760n1w4btvl.jpg

Replies

• auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    You're not maintaing that body/weight on 2000 calories. Tighten up your logging. If you find it difficult, free up some mental energy by ditching "clean eating".

This, but I also agree with the first poster. Your weight may not have changed but I notice a significant difference in your body composition.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Definate visual difference!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You can't see the difference in your body composition?!?

Based on all your threads, I think what you should do differently is see a therapist.

This
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    You look great! Is your goal to maintain and recomp? It can be a very slow process so visual changes can be more difficult to recognize. If not, as mentioned, tighten up your logging.
  • manowarrule2003
    manowarrule2003 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I will keep this short. Basically you look better. You have made obvious progress. Be proud, celebrate the achievement and carry on doing what you are doing
  • sarahlucindac
    sarahlucindac Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference! Bravo!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You've made a big improvement. But you're not eating 2000 calories. You might be netting it but not eating it. Cut back by 250/day and see how that goes.
  • tariqfilms
    tariqfilms Posts: 12 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi all, thanks for the encouragement, I guess seeing this 12 week transformations on instagram has made me a little insane. I just want to get down to around 15% body fat and maintain as much muscle as I can. I am 37 with 2 young children so balancing it all with a lack of sleep due can sometimes takes it toll.

How I worked it out was my macro split and my TDEE was;

My maintenance is 2348 calories according to from https://www.freedieting.com/calorie-calculator (Based on exercising 3/4 times a week ( the definition of exercise on this site is 15-30 mins elevated heart rate).

Then I deducted 500 which gave me 1851 calories which I have now rounded up to 1800.

Protein = 200g
    1.2/lb of protein per body weight
    168 lb x 1.2 = 201.6 g of protein, which I have rounded off to 200g
    and 200g x 4 calories = 800 calories

Fats = 40g
    20% of my overall daily calories
    20% of 1800 = 360 calories / 9 (1g fat = 9 calories) = 40g

Carbs = 160g
    Protein Calories (800) + Fat Calories (360) = 1160 Calories
    Daily Goal (1800) - 1160 (Protein + Fat) = 640 Calories / 4 (1g of carb = 4 calories) = 160g
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    so why the mad rush, you'll retain more muscle if you cut slowly than crash dieting?

stop obsessing with scale weight. i personally wouldn't change anything, what you're doing is obviously working
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    dude .. thats a massive difference ... keep on at that rate and the pics in November you will look awsome

you are packing some decent muscle under the extra wrapping
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    It concerns me that you're not getting enough sleep and that you're concentrating too hard on getting your weight down. You're only 37, so what are your long term goals? Are you going to keep up this regime for the next twenty years? For the rest of your life? Why are you in such a rush to change everything as soon as you can? You may not appreciate how your body is changing because you see your body every day, so may miss the incremental changes. You may be putting on muscle, which is denser than fat, so the scales will give you the same reading even if you're carrying less fat. I don't know what 'clean' eating is, but honestly, there's no such thing as 'clean' or 'dirty' food, there's just food that's more nutritious and food that's less nutritious. Whatever food choices you're making, just make sure you enjoy it and don't put unnecessary restrictions on your overall diet. My main worry is that you're becoming a bit intense and that might not bode well for the future. If you remain consistently dissatisfied with how your body looks, and genuinely don't see any improvement, then it might be an idea, as other posters have suggested, that you talk to a therapist, as you may have some body issues going on. If that's the case, even if you ended up looking like a Greek god you'd still think there was something wrong. I would avoid comparing yourself to other people doing these kind of 'transformation' programs, as different people have different lifestyles, different responsibilities and different end results. Different bodies do different things. So give yourself a break. You're doing well, and if there's no rush, why put unnecessary pressure on yourself?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Ignore any 12 week transformation you see. Honestly, at this point that should be common knowledge. The majority of such transformations are made possible via changes in lighting, photo editing, and the person not being as out of shape as they claim at the start. I've known very fit people who have purposely put on a lot of water weight in order to game the system by starting out super bloated and then dropping it all so that they win whatever prizes their gyms have up for grabs.
  • tariqfilms
    tariqfilms Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    wxn8wnmlvtp2.png

Pretty much back where I started. My waist measurements are also back to where I started. No fast food, eating under my maintenance and never over. Weight train 3 times a week with a personal trainer who pushes me to the max. Had thyroids tested and they were fine. My gym instructor has told me that I need to up my cardio but what I don’t get is, why my weight has gone back to where it was. Its so gutting.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Check out this video of "before and after" pics. It's more real than anything you'll see on IG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M957dACQyfU
  • TheSemideus
    TheSemideus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ok. You’ve hit a point in your life where no results have become apparent. The first thing I would tell you to do is invest in a Fitbit preferably blaze or better. It will be the best bloody investment you can make. People can argue and chat shiz about how accurate they are but if you leave the device to what’s its had millions in investment to do it genuinely IS ACCURATE and it works. Using this device you can adjust your overall calorie intake based on a daily reading of calories burnt per day. You’ll be surprised how little you may actually be burning per day.
    Next switch up your training. Periodisation is key meaning every 3-4 weeks training variables should be changed. Hypertrophy training and volume for fat loss is actually better in my opinion. If your training heavy. Stop. Train slightly lighter and aim to execute each exercise with absolute accuracy and full contraction of muscle.
    Question? Are you aiming to hit macronutrient targets or just eating overall calories without paying attention to proteins, carbs, fats?
  • TheSemideus
    TheSemideus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    And no offence to your trainer but what a cop out. Do more cardio?. That’s the laziest way out a pt can take. If I was you genuinely I’d take your money elsewhere. Have you vetted his credentials? Where did he qualify? Has he any nutritional qualification? Did he take a 6 week intensive online course? Basically pal it’s VERY EASY to become a PT these days genuinely £400 and you can get papers.