Pumpkin spice season is here!

Options
Got two boxes of Pumpkin Spice Cheerios today, on sale $2.50 @ Target
Really like pumpkin spice!

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of pumpkin things too, although I've grown to prefer standard pumpkin puree over items flavored with pumpkin spice. I make pumpkin puree smoothies all year, and have them frozen in the summer and warm in the winter.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
  • kshama2001
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I made a lot of Pumpkin Cranberry Orange muffins last winter. I used this recipe for a base. Swapped the cinnamon for PP spice, and more of it, probably 1 t. Added about 1/8 of a navel orange, rind and all. Chopped that in the food processor, and then add the cranberries and pulsed them.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I made a lot of Pumpkin Cranberry Orange muffins last winter. I used this recipe for a base. Swapped the cinnamon for PP spice, and more of it, probably 1 t. Added about 1/8 of a navel orange, rind and all. Chopped that in the food processor, and then add the cranberries and pulsed them.
    Sounds good! I’ll have to try these!
    I make the muffins with a spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin. Freeze in gallon zip loc bag and have them on hand for quick snack. I usually add a tsp of pumpkin pie spice cuz I like more spice.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I like pumpkin pie, and that's the extent of my pumpkin loving. I got a pumpkin spice latte once and it was disgusting.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I like pumpkin pie, and that's the extent of my pumpkin loving. I got a pumpkin spice latte once and it was disgusting.

I’m not a big fan of the latte’s either, too sweet, but at the gas station, I put about 1/4 cup in my cup and fill the rest with coffee and that’s just right for me. A lot of the pumpkin spice is over done, but I still like trying new foods that feature it. It’s kind of fun!

I think I’ll pass on the bologna though 🤢
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    YYESSSSS. Not only is it Pumpkin Spice season, but squash season is here! Roasted butternut, baked acorn, spaghetti squash.. And we can't forget our star of the season- Pumpkin! Pies, Muffins, Cookies, Lattes.. *Drool*

ALTHOUGH. Not everything should be pumpkin spiced! *I'm looking at you over there with your dang baloney* :tongue:

I actually have pumpkin pie spice to enjoy pumpkin spice whatever any time of year. It's perfect sprinkled on coffee. I do plan to enjoy one Pumpkin Spice latte at some point in the season. Or go buy the coffee creamer. It's best in coffee.. And bakery goods. Anything else though? Not so sure.

• kshama2001
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Sounds good! I’ll have to try these!
    I make the muffins with a spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin. Freeze in gallon zip loc bag and have them on hand for quick snack. I usually add a tsp of pumpkin pie spice cuz I like more spice.

Yes, muffins freeze really well :)

BTW, I've been using pumpkin pie spice LONG before it was a thing. Probably first used it in Mrs. Cheney’s Nobby Apple Cake instead of the cinnamon and nutmeg. That recipe is older than I am, and is a traditional Fall Family Favorite. We always double it and cook it for an hour or so in a 9 x 13" pan.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    @SuzySunshine99 I see your Pumpkin Baloney, and Raise you a Pumpkin Taco!

Taco-Bell-now-serves-Pumpkin-Spice-Taco.jpg

lol

Though I feel like a pumpkin spice version of a choco taco would be feasible. Beef and pumpkin flavor shell = questionable. Pumpkin shell and ice cream = yes please!
  • kshama2001
    Options
    I had some pumpkin raviolis that were good once my palate got over the shock of ravioli being sweet rather than savory.
  • Jdacruz5588
    Jdacruz5588 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Dunkins pumpkin swirl is LIFE
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Ok, I feel bad about the bologna grossness...so here's something for reals for you pumpkin lovers. These cookies are awesome, and use real pumpkin (not just the spice):

PUMPKIN COOKIES

INGREDIENTS:

2 ½ cups flour
    ½ tsp. baking soda
    ¼ tsp. salt
    2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice)
    1 cup brown sugar
    ½ cup white sugar
    ¾ cup butter
    1 egg
    1 cup pumpkin
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 cup raisins
    ½ cup walnuts

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
    Combine dry ingredients except sugars.
    In a separate bowl, beat sugars and butter to a grainy paste.
    Add egg, pumpkin, and vanilla.
    Beat until light and fluffy.
    Add flour mixture, raisins, and walnuts.
    Blend until combined.
    Drop rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
    Bake for 22-25 minutes or until slightly brown.
    Transfer to a cool surface.

YEILD: About 3 dozen
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    It goes too far, sometimes. (ETA: These are *real* - I took the photo in the store myself. There was another seasonal flavor . . . turkey and gravy if I recall correctly, but something like that for sure.)
    z7m7nmfp6tlc.jpg