• Lorelei19
    Lorelei19 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Currently watching Tower Heist.
  • BlowPopKisses
    BlowPopKisses Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Deadpool 2.

I give it an 8 (on a scale of 1-10). Same humor as in part 1. Some scenes dragged out longer than they should've (imo). The cab driver had me gigglin' so hard, so much and that's rare for me. I definitely have watched it twice so far.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Crazy rich asians. It was excellent
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    Crazy rich asians. It was excellent

It was! I'm thinking of going to see it again.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    In theaters? Tag

At home? Hostel
  • BlowPopKisses
    Options
    Black Panther

I give it 6.5 (on a scale of 1-10) A lil over 2 hours long and in no hurry to end. It's good, but not as good as the hype (imo). The plot was good, I loved the use of well known actors/actresses. I couldn't get past the distinct difference between their very large technology world (The Hidden Kingdom) and their Third World African nation of huts and shepherds. I laughed ONCE during the entire film. (M'Baku : If you say one more word......) Missed opportunities for more laughs. Also be sure you watch the VERY end, (after song credits) a small clip promoting Avengers: Infinity Wars movie.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Black Panther

I give it 6.5 (on a scale of 1-10) A lil over 2 hours long and in no hurry to end. It's good, but not as good as the hype (imo). The plot was good, I loved the use of well known actors/actresses. I couldn't get past the distinct difference between their very large technology world (The Hidden Kingdom) and their Third World African nation of huts and shepherds. I laughed ONCE during the entire film. (M'Baku : If you say one more word......) Missed opportunities for more laughs. Also be sure you watch the VERY end, (after song credits) a small clip promoting Avengers: Infinity Wars movie.

Your rating is a lot kinder than mine.
  • dr_russky
    dr_russky Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am watching through all the Oscar winner's for Best Picture with my roommate - we just watched Schindler's List.
  • BlowPopKisses
    Options
    Black Panther

~ What was yours (rating)? It was a toss up for that extra .5 for me, but I was feelin' generous. haha
  • 777Gemma888
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Crazy Rich Asians. The crowd and ambience reminded me a lot of my sister's Bruneian, Singaporean, Japanese, Hong Kong, Chinese, Filipino and Malaysian friends. Wealthy. Sweet. Trendy. Cliquey. Humble. Low key. Interspersed through the West, who tended to congregate in the homeland for weddings, birthdays, openings, fashion shows and funerals. All the mums are either Muslim or Christian, who have seemingly forgotten what it was like to be young, in love with little regard for one's culture or religious hammerings with convictions bordering on shallow.

If you'd watched Sex and the City Dubai ... This film has very similar passes and fails. Hits and misses.

Would I watch it again? No. Would I recommend for people to watch it once? Yes.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Black Panther

~ What was yours (rating)? It was a toss up for that extra .5 for me, but I was feelin' generous. haha

3 or 4 stars for me. Was disappointing. I got that they had to stay true to the comics. 😐
  • BlowPopKisses
    Options
    Black Panther

3 or 4 stars for me.

~ Is that outta' 10 possible stars?
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Black Panther

3 or 4 stars for me.

~ Is that outta' 10 possible stars?

Out of 10 ... I would give it a 5.
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Surviving The Game :'(
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    Just watched Harry Potter with the kiddo
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    In the theater.....Dunkirk. On tv.....A Promise.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Equalizer 2
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Nocturnal Animals
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    Just returned from watching The Meg. An atypical shark movie. Preferred The Shallows.

Every time I saw the previews, I kept thinking it was a remake of Jaws. I'll still probably go see it. But, seems like I'm not too far off the mark.

There were some very Jaws 3 moments @Functional_strength_ , further punctuated by the conjuring of that eerily "dark depths" something is in the water with me, watching me feeling, that chills your bones!?! Elements of bad shark mechanics@attack to stop short scenes, similar to Deep Blue Sea 1&2. Throw in the Chinese romance vibe ( not too much, thank God!).

You have to squash thoughts of, " there is so much light, it's impossible they aren't disturbing the disphotic zone.

How can you not NOT watch it? You might like it more than we did. We're rather critical when it comes to oceanographic portrayals.

Yep, I did go see it. It was okay, had some Jaws moments in it. Some funny, some over the top. But, overall enjoyed it.

Other movies have seen recently:

Juliet, Naked (RomCom, not overly impressed)
    Happy Time Murders (Muppets done with a bit of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and done in an R rated fashion)

Watched Pilot episode of "Jack Ryan", should be good series.