2»

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Jrobb1217 wrote: »
    This is my 1st week and I went up 1 lb

One of my new favorite sayings is that I trust my food scale more than my body scale.

^^ Good one! :smile:

• sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I went away for the weekend at the end of August and put on 6 pounds. One week later it's all gone plus and extra pound and a half.

I did not gain and lose 6 pounds of fat that quick, it's natural fluctuation caused by eating out, and TOM. Don't panic, keep doing what you're doing.
  • Jrobb1217
    Jrobb1217 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    You do realize that big deficits can have bad effects right? It increases stress which can cause additional water retention. Also, over time, it will increase muscle loss and increase metabolic adaptation.

Why not try an appropriate deficit (~.5 -1% of your bw weight per week) and see if that helps.

I try not to have big deficits but it’s like i’m too full to eat more. Now i’m realizing I need to have more snacks. That way I can minimize the deficits

How much are losing per week?

This is my 1st week and I went up 1 lb

Oh, i missed that, lol. Sorry. We don't know if you have a big deficit or not yet. Give it another 2 to 3 weeks and see how you react.

Ok will do!
  • Jrobb1217
    Jrobb1217 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I didn’t lose any weight for 3 weeks. The scale started going down once I increased my water intake. I drink about 100 ounces/day. I notice a big difference if I’m not hydrated. Hang in there and have patience!

Good job w/ the water! Over the past few days i’ve been drinking 64-74 oz of water per day. I nvr drank so much water in my life lol