What little thing do you have to look forward in the morning?

Options
just noticed it is a little easier to get up in the morning on the weigh in days. Those are now officially Monday for me.

What makes it easier for you to get up in the morning besides being well-rested?

Looking for ideas for Tuesday-Friday!

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Week days mornings are never that easy for me either :/ hoping you get some good tips here!

I find when my alarm goes off its better to just get up out of bed rather than hitting the snooze button - once I'm up I start feeling 'normal' (as in no longer sleepy) within a few mins - I don't feel ready to face the day until I've had my breakfast, workout done and shower.
  • Klmom123
    Klmom123 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Coffee is usually my first incentive. But I’m a morning person. Rarely do I sleep in.
  • lacrisfl
    lacrisfl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I find it hard waking up in general. I usually get on the elliptical trainer first thing after opening my eyes. I take thyroid medication and cannot have breakfast for the next 30' after taking it, so exercizing first helps. Then shower, coffee, breakfast, then work. I have started exercizing this week but found that it helps me wake up and it keeps me in good mood for the day at work.
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Breakfast. Even on weekends when I have nothing to do all day, up at 7am at the latest because I can't wait for breakfast.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Coffee will always be my biggest morning motivator! :) I have a couple of challenges and a motivation groups here on MFP and on FB that I like to read and update. It really helps start my day and get my head in the game so I can have a successful day.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Breakfast and coffee
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning person anyway, but three mornings a week I train with my friends in our chosen sport so when I wake up and know it is a jiu jitsu morning, I'm happy and excited to get going.

Other things that help, include making sure my alarm is far enough away that I have to get out of bed to turn it off. It is also set to a song that I enjoy and motivates me, rather than some random noise. Also, once the alarm goes, my labrador demands breakfast and if I don't get up and feed him, he uses me as a trampoline. No chance of sleeping through that! Once I'm out of bed, it's easier to get the day going.

I also plan and prepare the evening before so when I wake up, everything is ready for the day.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I get up because I have to take my medication, my cat wants food and I need to use the toilet. I have to wait an hour after taking my pill to eat so I sometimes walk, clean or take a bath while waiting.
    I don't really have trouble with getting out of bed. I have trouble getting enough sleep these days due to insomnia.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    My cat misses me while I'm sleeping, so she jumps up and kneads on me when I wake up. It makes me look forward to waking up so I can pet her and listen to her purr. It's also my time to check up on fun things on the internet (usually kpop related) and there's usually a new video to watch because the time difference between Korea and Michigan means that things often drop at like 3am.
  • wannabesmaller2017
    Options
    Definitely coffee!!
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    A cup of good coffee, ideally, a latte with skim or almond milk.
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Morning Yoga before anyone gets up.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Coffee. My favorite part of the morning.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Coffee for sure. On cardio days though, I have a show I'm currently watching and I only watch it while on the treadmill and I'm super in to it right now. On strength training days, just getting up and getting in a great workout in a quiet house before anyone gets up, then a good stretching session with my kitty cat weaving in and out of my legs.
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    When it's a nice day and my spouse is home to stay with the kids while I go for a run. That makes it really easy to get it.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    ^^ I relate to that little dog so much! It does not matter if I get a little sleep, or a lot of sleep. I very rarely wake up not groggy.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    ^^ I relate to that little dog so much! It does not matter if I get a little sleep, or a lot of sleep. I very rarely wake up not groggy.

I admit, I've been looking for a reason to use this gif...I just relate to it so much!