Chocolate is my Kryptonite

Options
My name is Scott and I love chocolate.... and all sweets. Just last night I ate a pint of Ben and Jerry’s Cookie Dough! I am new and would love friends to help me out along this journey!

Replies

• sheenarmt65063
    sheenarmt65063 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here... craving for chocolate for 4days 😭
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's The Tonight Dough! That stuff is amazing and if it is in the house, I WILL eat the entire pint in one sitting.

So, I don't buy it often. But about 4 times a year, I buy it and go to town!!!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    My name is Scott and I love chocolate.... and all sweets. Just last night I ate a pint of Ben and Jerry’s Cookie Dough! I am new and would love friends to help me out along this journey!

I know what you mean about chocolate. I now eat about 400-800 calories of chocolate daily now. To make it fit my macros I just eat the Unsweetened Chocolate 100% Cacao from Baker's from Canada.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Yes sir. Choco-holic right here. I just pre-log everything I eat in the morning so I know how much wiggle room I've got and whether or not a chocolate treat is going to break me for the day. I don't buy any junk food type stuff and haven't had ice cream in my house since my son's birthday party. I just can't resist that temptation. So, what you need to do is just control how much you eat. Try pre-logging and see how that works. You know what you can eat throughout the day and you can change things up in the afternoon if you want something extra or don't feel like eating a midday snack or something. Good luck! Chocolate is yummy!
  • Junebug2022
    Junebug2022 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Maybe you’re lacking a certain nutrient and your craving chocolate to get it.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I still have chocolate every night, I make sure to arrange my calories to make room for it.

Changes I made to sweets habits:
    -Keep smaller things in the house. I now mostly eat smaller, wrapped chocolates instead of cake/brownies. easier to track portion sizes too
    -Stick to "Dessert'o'clock" (an hour before bed time). I cannot eat chocolate before that, which really helped with the grazing I did throughout the day. If I don't eat it at that time I don't get dessert. If I managed to forget dessert time than I clearly was too full to enjoy it
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Last night I had one of those little Haagen Daaz cups of ice cream. Used the little spoon that comes in the lid and ate it VERY slowly. It fit into my plan so why not?

I eat cheese balls, too....32 of them (one oz.) I can work into my plan. If one oz. won't work, I can eat a half ounce.

You can have popsicles, a cookie or 2. Moderation....that's all it takes. Don't deprive yourself...just eat smaller portions.

• Try2018
    Try2018 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just want to thank all of you for your comments, except kommo(not helpful). I loved all of the suggestions especially the mini ice creams. I love Ben and Jerry’s Phish food! I’m going to see if they have the mini cups. Because if a pint is here, It won’t be for long. And I’m totally going to try Breyers and Halotop! Thank you everyone!!!! I am just about to finish my second 10,000 step day and second day of staying under my allotted calories.
  • TheFlyOnTheWall
    TheFlyOnTheWall Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    chocoholic here as well - I buy the snack sized bars and have 2 every night - and it's milk chocolate all the way for me - I've tried dark chocolate but it just doesn't cut it!
  • Try2018
    Options
    I am seriously loving all these suggestions. I have to confess- I was really excited when the app said “you’ll weigh 201lbs in 5 weeks if every day is like today”. I was excited until I said that out loud and my wife said “what? How much do you weigh?” ;) okay. I’ll get over it. I’m loving this group. I then read this hilarious post about this app. If you want a good laugh, it had me laughing out loud. https://www.buzzfeed.com/catesevilla/hold-on-i-just-need-to-log-this?utm_term=.bp1QZe6eE#.yfo9D2r2j
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I love LOVED chocolate. Not so much now. I exercised to excess where I could always allot at least 600 eat back calories to chocolate or ice cream. 🍫🍦

Currently, I'm into cinnamon.🤷
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    If it fits within your calorie goal, enjoy! I'm the same as you so I've slowly cut down how much I eat until I got down to a manageable level.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    mmm chocolate is wonderful. It's like a hug for your tastebuds
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I just want to thank all of you for your comments. I loved all of the suggestions especially the mini ice creams. I love Ben and Jerry’s Phish food! I’m going to see if they have the mini cups. Because if a pint is here, It won’t be for long.

Just remember.....don't eat those things like crazy. :) I eat them on occasion....not every night. I don't eat cheese balls every night, either. :D And make certain any treats fit into your plan and that you are still getting the majority good stuff. Treats are fine....but they shouldn't be your focus. Good luck!
  • Try2018
    Options
    7ss6dn7kz7c7.png
    I did have a KitKat last night- so I had to jump on the treadmill to gain some calories back. But the past 24 hrs are looking pretty good with my sugars. Yeah. Best 24 hrs I’ve had in a very long long long time. Been type 1 since I was 16. Anyway have a great day
  • bethanyroselinton
    Options
    7ss6dn7kz7c7.png
    I did have a KitKat last night- so I had to jump on the treadmill to gain some calories back. But the past 24 hrs are looking pretty good with my sugars. Yeah. Best 24 hrs I’ve had in a very long long long time. Been type 1 since I was 16. Anyway have a great day

Look at that graph!!! Great job! I have an amazing "avocado black bean" brownie recipe that is low carb but all the decadent dark chocolateness of heaven if you're interested ;) Seriously can't even tell they're flourless or made with stevia.
  • Try2018
    Options
    YES!!!! Share that recipe!!!