Is there a way to complete yesterday's diary?

Options
I forgot the complete yesterday's diary for my calories. Does myfitnesspal allow you to do that?

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    You can click onto yesterday's date to add food. Sometimes (very rarely) I eat something after I have closed off the MFP day. I just start the next morning with recording the food eaten the night before. It also means that I have to incorporate that food item into my limited calorie allocation for the day. Works for me.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    The button for "completing" your diary is still there for prior days, if that's what you're asking about. If your difficulty is in viewing yesterday's diary, look for the arrow (triangle) to the left of "today" or today's date (depending on whether you're using the website or app). Click on that to go back to yesterday.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yes just add the food to that day...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    You can complete the diary 50 times a day if you want to; like if you forgot to add that latte, add it and it will automatically re-complete/recalculate. If you're still in the same 24-hour day, it will only post the first time to your newsfeed but it will continue to update that "In five weeks" thingy.

Those are the only two functions of that button. It doesn't affect anything else. (Like reports or logging streak. "Reports" don't care if you complete the day.)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you can go back and complete any day that you didn't finish (or edit if needed). I miss doing it the time. Because I eat dinner quite late in the evening, I often don't log/close my food diary until the next morning.

The only aggravation for me about that is it doesn't post on your newsfeed when you complete it after the fact (after midnight, I think?) I wish it would post on my newsfeed with a date - RaeBeeBaby completed her food diary for 9/4/2018 and was under her calorie goal! :smiley:
  • nk9o
    nk9o Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I monitor my weight daily. Is there a way to enter and track this data? I do not find this for entry tracking?
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    nk9o wrote: »
    I monitor my weight daily. Is there a way to enter and track this data? I do not find this for entry tracking?

On the computer version: Home Screen > Check-in

On the apps: Log it under "progress" which should have an icon on the home screen.
  • pmccorkl
    pmccorkl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The back arrow is not available to scroll back to previous days food log on my MacBook
    . How do I fix this?
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if you complete it or not... it still tracks your info.

If you care whether your completed diary will post to your news feed, no, it will not do that after the fact.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I’m surprised the arrow is not on your MacBook, it is on my I-pad. I don’t know how to help you tho.