Throw Out the Scale Challenge

Options
Seriously. Give yourself 3 weeks without obessing over your weight. Hide the scale.

Get a tape measure, camera, and a friend to take pictures or a camera with a timer. Take measurements at your chest, waist, hips, thighs, and calves.

If you can see physical changes taking place then what is the point in obsessing, get depressed, or disappointed in that number on the scale. It's just a number!

DON'T WEIGH YOURSELF for 3 WEEKS!

Ask yourself if it's a 'goal weight' that you are trying to achieve or a 'look'. People don't look at you and say "Wow. They look great at 135.2 lbs." They say, "Wow did you see his/her arms/abs/legs?"

If you are being true to yourself, and your diet and exercise program there is no excuse for having to weigh yourself if you are seeing changes with measurements and pictures.

Replies

• jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i'm in. i have tried and failed this many times, though.
  • AnuMe901
    AnuMe901 Posts: 44
    Options
    Ask yourself if it's a 'goal weight' that you are trying to achieve or a 'look'. People don't look at you and say "Wow. They look great at 135.2 lbs." They say, "Wow did you see his/her arms/abs/legs?"

Mine is def a look. :happy: Count me in.
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    what a good idea! i need to do this!!! I am getting little bit tired of my scale and it only makes me frustrated!
  • Didwoman1
    Options
    Wow..good idea. Not sure I can do it...but maybe its time to do something different!
  • dreaasha
    dreaasha Posts: 31
    Options
    Oh yeah, I've been down with this idea. I've decided I don't need the scale to tell me I'm losing weight-my clothes getting tighter or looser.

No need to obsess over numbers-I once dropped about 80 pounds without once looking at the scale, until I was in a size 8-and then I was like, Whoah!

I've got a long way to go, and that's alright, but I'm not doing it by the numbers.
  • SarahFrankel
    SarahFrankel Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I gave up the scale a couple of months ago, best thing I ever did! Have noticed changes in muscle definition and my clothes are fitting better -- good enough for me!
  • treyatime
    Options
    I've tried this I simply could not do it!
  • gritgirl
    gritgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    the scale drives me mad, i tell you, mad. so i really should join this.
  • mamajess82
    Options
    I'm not ready yet. My motivation is in "lbs" (for now) - I think I'll get to the good stuff along the way. Will be following this challenge. Sounds like heaven to me!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'd join because I typically only weigh in monthly, but I have to weigh in this week for the challenge I am currently in. Still I agree with what you are saying, I can usually tell by my diary if I am losing or not. My focus has always been health not pounds. My main goals are to eat well and exercise.