One year ago today...(long post w/ pics)

Options
2»

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,424 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your kind thoughts and I love hearing your stories!
  • lemanda
    lemanda Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Proof that you can lose and maintain at any age! Keep up the good work!
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!
    I, like you, wasn't obese or even overweight when I started this journey. I've had people tell me I don't need to lose weight. Well, this journey is about ME, and the way I see myself. I was (and still am) not happy with the way I look. But every day I'm getting closer to my goal.

Thank you for being a great inspiration. Well done!
  • ljacksn3
    ljacksn3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and your story is inspirational! Thank you for sharing :)
  • VidaSana
    VidaSana Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    And along with losing the additional weight, your skin seems to have a more vibrant glow, your smile is bigger and you look incredibly, incredibly healthy. Thank you for the wonderful post and motivation!! You are one hot mama!!!! I think hubby might start reconsidering his "fun food" doughnut days ;)
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fabulous!

Your story sounds like me, thank you for sharing your journey, you are an inspiration.

Kazzy
  • RN4Surgery
    RN4Surgery Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great Story...very motivational! I just started a few days ago and I have a friend that has lost 30. She started in January..I enrolled in March but let it go....after seeing her progress, I am FINALLY ready to do this thing. Thanks for sharing..you look wonderful. I feel your story because mine is pretty similar...many friends dont see the 30 pounds I am going for but it is MOST definitely there. I like this plan because it seems like a healthy approach. Not just calories, not blind points, but one that tells you your nutritional excesses and deficits. (I noticed I am very low on potassium in what I choose, for example. Well, On my way to 127...wish me luck:))
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    You look great and I can tell the confidence level has increased. I know about the fun nights. It took a while for my hubby to cross over to the healthy side although we have the occasional splurge (in moderation) when we eat out but my habits are starting the trickle to the whole family. It's great that you are an example in your house.
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Congrats!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    great story! Totally true about each of us being in control of what we put into our own mouth...even if those around us choose to enjoy more fun foods than we should.

"boy push-ups" ... love it :)
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    Thanks everybody! Now, I really have to get off the computer and go workout!
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am also 5'9 and weigh a little less than your starting weight. I am curious what your food and exercise routine is? Did you always do 1400 calories or did you change it up? I am already an active person that hikes a lot but my food habits on the weekend kill me :( . Congrats to you :)
  • anitajean
    Options
    Wow, what an inspiration! I can relate, I am 5'8', and about 158 lbs. When I see pictures of myself, I am always shocked, because pictures don't lie!
    You look wonderful, and excuse me for saying...younger too. I am ready to commit to this, thanks for your story.:flowerforyou:

AnitaJean
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    Thanks for all the nice comments (especially about looking younger!)
  • lyn267
    lyn267 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your story. You look fabulous. I'm 52 and feel better than I ever did. So glad I found this site and all the great people who share their stories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!