Normal calorie intake?

Options
What is a normal calorie intake for the day? My profile set mine at 1200 but I exercise, so then it's been adding in 150 each day. Day 1, I didn't use the last 78 calories, day 2 I had just a few left. Is it okay to go over? Under, I get a note about going in to starvation mode.

So, what is normal?

Thanks!

Replies

• lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
    As long as you have over 1200, you will not get a message about starvation mode. So if you work out and have a net of 1100, but have actually eaten 1300, you will get no message. I would aim to eat as close to your target as you can, especially because it is the minimum (1200). Going over is fine sometimes, but I would try not to make a habit of it.
  • kamm602
    kamm602 Posts: 18
    Options
    I get the "starvation mode" error EVERYDAY!!! But I am still eating and not getting hungry and if I get hungry I EAT!!! Sometimes I eat even if I am not hungry to make sure that I keep my sugar and a good level!!! I try to float around 1000-1200 a day. I lowered my daily amount to 1100 because if I see the remainder as 100 lower then mentally I will keep myself from going over 1200... I know sounds weird but I am kinda tricking myself LOL... Hope this helps. Everyone has a different perspective just take what you like from everyones advice and make it your own rules. But I will tell you cheating on your diary only cheats yourself!!!
  • hippymamax6
    hippymamax6 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. Helpful to know that the allowed calories is a normal range. :smile:
  • hippymamax6
    hippymamax6 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. Helpful to know that the allowed calories is a normal range. :smile: