Almost cancelled WW subscription this morning...

Options
But they gave me a free month. So I'm going to continue double tracking and posting the results on their Social pages.

I'm not hating on WW, I know that it works for some. But people need to see that the points system makes no sense at all. According to the points you may think you are right on track, but you may be eating 2x as many calories as you need, or in my case... not nearly enough calories.

Anyone else double tracking at the moment?

Replies

• charmedsooner
    charmedsooner Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm tracking calories for the moment. Not because Freestyle wasn't working for me; I've lost 55 lbs since January. However, I found that calculating SPs takes a little more mental energy than I have to spare right now. :smiley:
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Unless you need the meetings, I've found that a $3 app that works based on WW Points Plus or similar gives all the benefits of WW without the monthly fee.

I was using Ultimate Food Value Diary by Fenlander Software before I switched to MFP on my dietitian's recommendation for T2D tracking, and was able to lose as well as my wife who was a WW member.

It calculated point values based largely on the WW points system as well as you daily and weekly points targets.

So WW points did work for me, as long as I was tracking them.

And so does MFP, as long as I keep track.

For me, it's more about keeping track than it is the specific accounting system in place....
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I like being encouraged to eat more fruit and veggies, meetings are somewhat helpful. But I would go past that blue dot range or weeklies and then panic and binge until my points renewed.

One day out of curiosity I double tracked and realized the damage of going over points wasn't bad, usually still within calories, and I felt more balanced. I prefer calorie counting now.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    OP, I take it you're telling WW when they're over/under? If so, good on you.
    I'm tracking calories for the moment. Not because Freestyle wasn't working for me; I've lost 55 lbs since January. However, I found that calculating SPs takes a little more mental energy than I have to spare right now. :smiley:

@charmedsooner That's a pretty big loss. Do you think you could have been eating too little on WW like the OP?