OMAD lifestyle

Options

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    BeeRuchi wrote: »
    @Muscleflex79

Fatloss is a process and i definitely know that. but the average person carries 5 or more pounds of waste in the colon. So doing a colon cleanse will help me to eliminate that waste and drop those extra pounds along the way. Also colonics seems to have a lot of other benefits which will help me to continue to lose weight. Not to mention after my first session i saw a significant reduction in my waist size

You can do what you want with yourself and your money. I have never looked into colon cleanses because I believe in letting nature run its course unless it needs intervention. I also think if they were really good for you they would not have stayed a fringe practice for as long as I have been aware of their existence which is at least 25 years.

I think it is very unwise to be so hung up on a number on the scale that you feel the need to have a colon cleanse to get it artificially lower. Are you going to do it before each time you weigh? If not, that weight will come back just like it does with water weight.

If you are patient in time you can establish a proper baseline of weight loss and you won't need gimmicks to see progress.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Who told you that waste sticks to your colon walls for years?! That's not how your body works.

I'm guessing the people that want to sell her colonics!!

There WAS an ad on the local radio for some sort of cleanse claiming just that a number of years back. I've learned enough over time to recognize woo when I hear it, but when a person hears something like that over the public airwaves (repeated several times the hour), knowing that "false advertising" isn't allowed—and even if you aren't 100% clear on what sorts of claims fall under the definition, you THINK you do—it can be easy to think there might be SOMETHING to it.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Who told you that waste sticks to your colon walls for years?! That's not how your body works.

I'm guessing the people that want to sell her colonics!!

There WAS an ad on the local radio for some sort of cleanse claiming just that a number of years back. I've learned enough over time to recognize woo when I hear it, but when a person hears something like that over the public airwaves (repeated several times the hour), knowing that "false advertising" isn't allowed—and even if you aren't 100% clear on what sorts of claims fall under the definition, you THINK you do—it can be easy to think there might be SOMETHING to it.

I remember those! Was actually thinking about that as I read this thread!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @janejellyroll With Colonics its not about expelling waste before it digests. Its about removing waste that's been stuck to the colon walls for years. LOL about the haircut.

What's the source for that?

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    @janejellyroll With Colonics its not about expelling waste before it digests. Its about removing waste that's been stuck to the colon walls for years. LOL about the haircut.

Elvis: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/meat-your-maker-2/
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Elvis: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/meat-your-maker-2/

:s
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Options

Colon cleanses expels money from your wallet both for the procedure and the medical bills you would have if your colon were to tear during the procedure. It can really mess up your gut flora as well. If you feel your digestion is subpar look into eating prebiotic foods which is much cheaper and safer than having gallons of water (or coffee) pressure shot up your rectum.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

Colon cleanses expels money from your wallet both for the procedure and the medical bills you would have if your colon were to tear during the procedure. It can really mess up your gut flora as well. If you feel your digestion is subpar look into eating prebiotic foods which is much cheaper and safer than having gallons of water (or coffee) pressure shot up your rectum.

Or perhaps get an appointment with a GI?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    OP Please make sure you are eating all the calories MFP has given you in that one meal so you get your nutrition in.

• UncaToddly
    UncaToddly Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    All one needs to do to see how false the whole "years of waste in your colon" is ...... is hit 50 and get your colonoscopy screening. One day of no eating while drinking a lot of stuff that tastes terrible and then they scope you to see that you are fine.
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Options

That is an option, but it sounds like OP is trying to "optimize" instead of just settling for boring regular digestion. GI can't help with that.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

That is an option, but it sounds like OP is trying to "optimize" instead of just settling for boring regular digestion. GI can't help with that.

Unfortunately, neither can colonics. They’re more likely to do harm than good.