Replies

• Katy2Survivor
    Katy2Survivor Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you all ❤
  • Katy2Survivor
    Options
    I eat mostly protein and if you look my picture you can see I gain muscle that is not problem....I thought becuse im loosing so Little I'm doing something wrong. So any advice to help me ? Or I should be happy I'm loosing something at least?

As people have already advised you, you're losing at a healthy rate for what you have to lose. You aren't losing as fast as you were expecting to because you're likely not burning as much as you think or eating as little as you think or a combination of the two.

Your photo doesn't show anything of the sort, it shows that you may have maintained muscle but that doesn't necessarily mean you're gaining any, you will look more defined as you lose weight because you're losing fat that would have covered the muscle you already had.

Thank you for explaining to me.You make a lot of sense. I will reschedule my food calories and my workouts.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5,4ft and I had 9 kgs to lose (currently down 1.5kg so 7.5kg left to go) and it's coming off VERY slowly because I don't have a lot to lose.
  • mim619
    mim619 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just weighing in on the Garmin. Mine yesterday told me to add 900 calories!!! I did a 38 minute run. If I add 900 calories for that it would surely cut into my weight loss. I trust my Garmin to track steps, sleep, minutes of activity. But not calories.
  • Katy2Survivor
    Options
    mlinci wrote: »
    It took me a year and a half to lose 21kg and get to a BMI of under 23. The great news is, this was one and a half years ago, and I’m still maintaining this weight. Because losing weight slowly, at the rate of about 1kg per month, is fantastic preparation for maintenance.

If you are losing about 1kg per month, then your actual daily calorie deficit is about 250 calories. For the last year and a half my maintenance has involved still eating at this deficit a couple of days per week, allowing me some more treats (i.e. eating a bit above maintenance) on some other days. So maintenance feels to me very much like my “regime” when I was losing a kilo per month, just a touch more relaxed, and maintenance feels nothing like my way of eating before weight loss.

Of course, the road to weight loss is also a bit bumpy, and sometimes you lose nothing for a very long time and then you suddenly go down by quite a bit, and sometimes it goes a bit up. Perfectly normal. Here is a screenshot of what my weight loss looked like.

I wish you the best in getting to the weight you want to reach.

tcgt2y7ow402.jpeg

Thank you . I'm not planning to give up but people was keep telling me I'm not doing it right because I'm loosing just 1kg in month. So much that I started to believe it. 🤷
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Have you taken a diet break at all during this last year?
  • Katy2Survivor
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Have you taken a diet break at all during this last year?

Yes I did 3 months and I gain 2kg back .