Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Starting Keto

Anyone out there doing Keto and have success? I just started. Looking for some "friends" that have had success or are on this journey too.

Replies

• sml81273
    sml81273 Posts: 1 Member
    I started too and am finding it very hard
  • amywizengamot
    amywizengamot Posts: 14 Member
    I’ve been doing it for about six weeks and it was not an easy start! I gained six pounds and have, thankfully, lost them, but the initial gain freaked me out and kind of made me mad. I mean, I am v into carbs, and having deprivation result in weight GAIN was tough to wrap my head around. I hope that you get all the support you need— good luck!
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Been doing Keto/Low Carb since January its slow going and a lot of up and downs but down 30 lbs. I follow a few facebook groups people either have amazing results or lots of stalls.
  • akazlauskas
    akazlauskas Posts: 6 Member
    Me too! Just started, would love a fellow fitness friend
  • gillianbpagel
    gillianbpagel Posts: 3 Member
    I've started and stopped twice over the past year. I like not feeling hungry. That is probably the biggest benefit for me. I did lose weight but gained it back after taking a long vacation and eating out too much. I am trying again! There are tons of good recipes out there and I eat lots of fresh veg.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    edited September 2018
    There’s a low-carber group in the “groups” section. You’ll find lots of help and support there. Do a search and you’ll find them.

Edited because auto-correct changes “low-carber” to “low-carver.” :neutral:
  • CNG24
    CNG24 Posts: 432 Member
    Been doing it since April, just took two months off. And have lost 30 or so pounds!! I love Keto!!
  • Pepper00000
    Pepper00000 Posts: 5 Member
    I’ve had tons of success! Lost 20 pounds a few years ago and kept it off. I just rarely eat pasta or bread and keep my sugar low. Just don’t snack. Whole Foods mostly.