Looking for like minded motivational friends.

Options
Unfortunately I took a hiatus for several months to get my family moved and my middle child through graduation and into his first year of college. I’m finally ready to commit again and am looking for support ❤️ I lost quite a bit of friendships during my hiatus 😞 and I totally understand BUT they are missed. A bit about me ... I’m 45, married, have three kids 25, 18 & 13, I live in north Georgia. I’ve been a soccer mom and football mom now I’m a cheer mom ( lol) I love to play with rescue pups and all things that revolve around the water! Crafting is my hobby - chalk paint, old furniture, vinyl , paper and ribbon 🎀 are by friends in my free time. I’d like to lose 50 or more lbs this year. I don’t really have a specific plan, my body likes low carb and I ordered some products from Modere that I like. Would love new fit bit friends as well I like the challenges and find that being competitive keeps me focused. If your reading this and think we might have things in common - friend me 😊

Replies

• tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I want to lose about 60 lbs, am a mom of a 1.5 year old and artistic. So, that's sort of similar, right? Haha
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hi! It was like reading my own intro! I'm a 39 yo mom of 3 (18, 14, 15). My daughter just graduated high school and is in her first year of college. I'm a crafter too. I sit all day at work and then again when I craft so I am using my fitbit to help motivate me to move more. I'm low carbing it to try to lose 45-50 pounds...I had a hysterectomy in 2006 and am hypothyroid and while I love carbs, my body does not. Friending you now :)
  • worklogue
    worklogue Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just saw your friend request! Noticed your from Louisiana my hubby is from nola💕 can’t wait to get to know you ...thanks for the add 😊
  • beckjotese2042
    beckjotese2042 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 45 and have 3 kids, youngest just turned 13. I live in Australia so I talk in kilograms, but google can help me convert! How do I add people? Do I need to be on premium? What an awesome bunch of people here!
  • worklogue
    worklogue Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think we just click on the persons name and then hit add as a friend! Nice to meet you ☺️
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    My boy use to play soccer. He's into taekwondo now. I got injured twice at the end of 2016 early 2017. I gained a lot of weight and I'm attempting to get it off. You are welcome to say,"Hello." And send a friend request if you like. Good luck on your journey :)
  • ManOfSteel38
    ManOfSteel38 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I’m looking for the same feel free to add me I’m trying to lose this Dad bod and get healthier for my kids
  • cmt1969
    cmt1969 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 49 and looking to be fabulous at 50 (May 2019). I am looking to improve my eating habits and improve my energy level. Feel free to friend me.
  • clemings2890
    clemings2890 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a 28 yo mom of 4 ( 4yr, 3yr, 18mo and 3mo). I also enjoy crafting, when I have the time. My health is poor, looking for friends but don't know how to add them. I started using myfitnesspal last year and only used it a couple months then quit during my last pregnancy and have recently started it up again.
  • clemings2890
    clemings2890 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    worklogue wrote: »
    I think we just click on the persons name and then hit add as a friend! Nice to meet you ☺️

I'm doing this from my phone, instead of "add as friend" there's an icon with people silhouettes. Thanks for the direction! It helped me find what I was looking for!
  • TheFatDad
    TheFatDad Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm 43,father of three husband and The Fat Dad. I am trying to go from 214(last week) to 165 by the new year. I'm logging my journey live here (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHnRc6yR5D3NjeEQ9Bfw9A?view_as=subscriber) and have my first weigh in tomorrow that I'll be posting on the channel. I try to post daily my run times, my food logs and my workouts. I'll also share any setbacks and stumbling blocks. I'm using it as an accountability tool and may to provide a little motivation. I've yo-yo'd up and down in weight since I left the Navy 15 years ago and I'm determined to get it off and keep it off this time around! I don't really know how to use this page yet. I've logged in 49 days in a row but haven't made friends or participated in discussions, just using the calorie and exercise tracker. Anyway, please add me as a friend :smile:
  • roroinco
    roroinco Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm starting again after being MIA for a few months. I am 45 and have two kids (22 & 11). I'm going thru a lot including a divorce, so I'm trying to take care of me. I need a lifestyle change. I have the tendency to do really well for a few weeks and then fall off the wagon. I need to stay motivated because I have 40-50 lbs to lose. I used to live in GA but currently live in CO. I also enjoy chalk painting and fixing up old furniture. I'm a gymnastics mom after being a football mom for many years. I have a Fitbit and could use any help I could get :smile: . I'm open to having lots of friends that have similar goals and in a similar situation. Send me a request.
  • ApolloDj2018
    ApolloDj2018 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm mark 45 from UK England , 10 weeks into a diet and fitness program 7kg lost so far want to try and lose 20 by Xmas that's my goal , anyone wanna chat tips and help motivate each other then drop me a message , more friends = more motivation = better results ;-)