Why????

Options
turkishmelly
turkishmelly Posts: 129 Member
Why people are so cruel??? So I got off at park-a-ride. There is this homeless German Shepard mix hangs out there so I see him laying by the coffee stand and this guy who works at coffee shop was throwing rocks at him! Made me so sad!! I am like douche bag how would you feel if he was throwing rocks at you? He tells me to mind my own business!!! I so wanted to slap him! Leave the poor dog alone! Okay I vented. I feel better :)

Replies

• shiggyshane
    Options
    some people are just *kitten*..bet if that dog tried to attack him inself defense he wouldnt have been so tough..
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    most people wouldn't say anything - I commend you for trying to make him see how cruel he was behaving - but that's not enough though
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    isn'tead of just leaving the dog there to continue getting abused, why didn't you take it to a vet clinic or a no kill shelter where it would have a great chance at a new and loving home?
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    isn'tead of just leaving the dog there to continue getting abused, why didn't you take it to a vet clinic or a no kill shelter where it would have a great chance at a new and loving home?

^^^ this.....or you could have called and had SPCA come pick him up if you were to worried about putting him in your car.....At least here they have a no kill policy....this hurts my heart !
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I would have slapped him! I'm constantly amazed and disguted by people cruelty. Any chance you can get this dog to safety? A local animal shelter perhaps?
  • turkishmelly
    Options
    It makes me rage!!! I was going to spray him with my pepper spray!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I would've reported the *kitten* to the ASPCA. No excuse to mistreat an animal like that. Makes me mad. :angry:
  • SimplyFreckled
    Options
    but it didn't make you raging mad enough to take action and help the dog???

Poor dog.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Call the SPCA. You still can.
  • turkishmelly
    Options
    I would have slapped him! I'm constantly amazed and disguted by people cruelty. Any chance you can get this dog to safety? A local animal shelter perhaps?

I was so on it! I already called. They said they were gonna take care of it. I was running late to my work so I called and said I might be little late. There is an issue. I explained and my boss tell me you are so naive.. Be here on your time. It's not your responsibility to take care of homeless dogs. What a *****! Cause I wanted to be there till I knew that dog was safe
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else....if you can, take the dog to a shelter, preferably a no-kill one...at least he would have a chance at getting some food, shelter and care, and possibly a loving home........

Oh, and make sure to throw some rocks at that guy every time you pass that place, some very...big..rocks...
  • david2831g
    david2831g Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Guy sounds like a total dipsh***t. How can anyone hate a dog?!
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    You could always go on a day off and picket the coffee place. Sign: THIS MAN IS CRUEL TO ANIMALS
  • SimplyFreckled
    Options

Oh, and make sure to throw some rocks at that guy every time you pass that place, some very...big..rocks...

I LOVE this idea!!
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    We were in a restaurant in Skiathos, Greece once. There are cats everywhere there and as the restaurants have tables outside they hang around for titbits. I love cats, so I was stroking and fussing them. When the waiter bought our food out he purposefully kicked one of the cats hard enough to send it sliding across the promenade. We got up and left without eating or paying and told him why. The cat ran off. I was in tears.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty quiet most of the time but I would have kicked up so much fuss that, hopefully, others would have found their conscience to join in. Report it to a no kill shelter, report the abuser to the police...i'm sure there is a law against animal abuse and i'd also report him to the coffee shop owners (better if its a big chain) and I wouldnt give a flying fig if I put the coward out of a job!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    We were in a restaurant in Skiathos, Greece once. There are cats everywhere there and as the restaurants have tables outside they hang around for titbits. I love cats, so I was stroking and fussing them. When the waiter bought our food out he purposefully kicked one of the cats hard enough to send it sliding across the promenade. We got up and left without eating or paying. The cat ran off. I was in tears.

:cry:
  • MamaKatel
    MamaKatel Posts: 180
    Options
    I hate hearing stories like this. When my cat was a kitten some drunk kids found him and were having a bon fire, they were throwing him across the fire to see who could drop him in the fire first. Thank GOD a neighbor saw and rescued him. Because of the incident he has no tail and walks a little crooked. He is the sweetest thing ever, i just can't believe someone could harm something so innocent.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    This makes me sick.
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options

I was so on it! I already called. They said they were gonna take care of it. I was running late to my work so I called and said I might be little late. There is an issue. I explained and my boss tell me you are so naive.. Be here on your time. It's not your responsibility to take care of homeless dogs. What a *****! Cause I wanted to be there till I knew that dog was safe

Shoulda woulda coulda. NO animal should be treated like that and it infuriates me that you walked by and didn't see it through until the dog was safe. It is EVERY persons responsibility to help out an animal because they cannot help themselves.