Tuna salad recipe's!?!.....Yumm yumm!

BEERRUNNER
BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,046 Member
So how do make your tuna salad!?!?!?! I had some yesterday and it was awesome! I just threw together what I had at my flat(apartment).
Let me break it down for you lovely people of MFP....

Hellmans Mayo regular (not too much)
Mustard
Dill relish
Black Pepper( be generous)

Engish muffins (hot off the toaster)

Spread some Laughing COW and the tuna salad on the English muffins

A dash of Tamazula(mexican hot sauce)!

and bammmmmmm AWESOME Tuna salad sandwich! thats how I roll!!!!!!!!!

How do you roll? :bigsmile:

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Use valentina!!!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    I prefer to wash my tuna first. Get the water nice and hot, rub it a little, use lots of cleansing water... Swish that back and forth across it, rinse it off. Double check that it's sparkly fresh. Maybe, I'll pat it dry, then eat it plain.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Mmm I had tuna salad in a tortilla wrap last night too!

I used:

1 tin tuna in lemon/ black pepper oil
    1 large roast red pepper (from a jar)
    4 cubes feta
    large tablespoon marinated mushrooms (from a jar - it was a storecupboard dinner!)
    Large tablespoon capers

The oil was enough to mix everything without adding any mayo.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    mangoes, onion, rice vinegar, cilantro, fresh jalapeno, and StarKist Sweet & Spicy Tuna (pouch)
  • krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    Tuna, Calorie-Wise Miracle Whip, thinly sliced green onions, and black pepper.

Toast a triangular ciabatta bun, put a leaf of garden lettuce on each half and make two small open-faced sammiches :)
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    I like mine with onions, a lil mustard, a lil horseraddish,and a smidge of mayo....

I usually wrap it in a lettuce leaf when I'm on the run....or mix it with a few wheat noodles if I need to stretch it of feel fuller longer....

Crazy thing is I used to hate tuna.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    I prefer to wash my tuna first. Get the water nice and hot, rub it a little, use lots of cleansing water... Swish that back and forth across it, rinse it off. Double check that it's sparkly fresh. Maybe, I'll pat it dry, then eat it plain.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • I once had an extra tuna steak left over after grilling tuna for dinner and made tuna salad with it. But be warned,. once you have used fresh or frozen tuna steaks and cook them yourself you will never be able to go back to canned tuna. It's just not the same. Ditto for salmon. Fortunately, these are easy to cook yourself and so worth the extra little bit of time.

In mine, I put:
    Tuna or Salmon
    Chopped celery
    Chopped green onion
    Diced bell pepper
    Diced tomato (seeded, use only the meaty part so it doesn't get soggy)
    Bit of lIght mayo
    Grainy Dijon Mustard
    Feshly ground black pepper
    Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
    Optional: bay seasoning
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    I like to have my tuna with lots of lettuce, a little onion - no matter what...

Then...I add to it.

Somedays I like it in a salad. I will add tomatoes, artichoke hearts and pepper. I use the artichoke marinae or a light italian dressing for this.

other days, I like to stuff it with a little light mayo and put it inside of a tomato and eat like that.

or, other days I like to make it with whatever I can throw in there and stuff it in a pita or a sandwhich...

oh..tuna and avocado are yummy together =)
  • Dyna18
    Dyna18 Posts: 17
    tuna .. chopped celery... chopped green onion... diced up dill pickles .. salt pepper... a few dashes of hot sauce .. and a smidge of mayo
  • sedativestorm
    sedativestorm Posts: 79 Member
    Here's how I make tuna salad:

1/4 small red onion chopped
    half a stalk of celery chopped
    2-3 teaspoons of dijon mustard
    1 teaspoon of olive oil mayonnaise
    some cayenne pepper ( I love spicy food!)
    a dash of black pepper

I use sandwich thins, toasted and put a Stacker's sandwich pickle on it. =P

Makes a lot bc of the onions and celery bulk it up.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Use valentina!!!

Good option too!
  • BEERRUNNER
    Here's how I make tuna salad:

1/4 small red onion chopped
    half a stalk of celery chopped
    2-3 teaspoons of dijon mustard
    1 teaspoon of olive oil mayonnaise
    some cayenne pepper ( I love spicy food!)
    a dash of black pepper

I use sandwich thins, toasted and put a Stacker's sandwich pickle on it. =P

Makes a lot bc of the onions and celery bulk it up.

Cayenne pepper!!! brilliant! I will try that next time!!!! just a pinch!!!! :bigsmile:
  • MiladyMetal
    MiladyMetal Posts: 184 Member
    LOL the way you described that it sounds like Monk (tv show character) fetish! XD
  • MiladyMetal
    MiladyMetal Posts: 184 Member
    The way I make it for my husband who loves spicy stuff is I use white tuna in water, rinse and drain, add fat free mayo, cajun seasoning, red hot sauce, a small pinch of garlic salt and dill weed seasoning.