Snack ideas

Options
travlingal216
travlingal216 Posts: 28 Member
Evenings watching tv are hard sometimes. I have made popcorn and veggies but looking for something a little different.

Replies

• Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs, cheese sticks, yogurt
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,718 Member
    Options
    I like vegetable sticks dipped into hummus or tzaziki. Pickles. Google how to make your own lightly pickled veg so you can control sodium.

If you crave potato chips here is a method for making a pretty good fat free facsimile. Slice a potato thinly with a mandolin or food processor. Line a large plate with reusable silicon mesh or silicon coated baking paper. Lay out potatoes in a single layer and season. I use a vinegar flavoured salt. Zap in the microwave on high for 6 minutes. Remove any that are golden brown. Continue to zap stragglers at 1 minute intervals being careful because the margin between golden brown and burnt is narrow. These harden to a crisp as they cool.
  • denisetburrola
    denisetburrola Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll have dessert. Which is just fruit but I honestly love it. Or I get some frozen yogurt and fruits.
  • FPmama
    FPmama Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Few suggestions
    -Allow yourself 1 low cal desert every night.
    -Drink tea or low cal hot choc
    -Snack on cucumber, celery
    -if you really want to snack Add your night time snacks to your diary at the beginning of the day. So it’s accounted for
    -portion your serving or buy preportioned low cal options

I found having less snacks has stopped me going over the edge calorie wise. I love picking and I used to binge whilst watching tv without even realising the calories were accumulating. I try to just keep myself busy by doing something like folding washing or holding a hot tea.
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the peanut and chocolate protein bar by eat natural at 229 calories. Also I love mashed banana with peanut butter or sliced apple with almond butter! Or halo top icecream. x
  • giggles2laugh
    giggles2laugh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lately celery and cheese whiz has been doing it for me! Filling and tasty!
    Also, I agree with adding your snacks early in the day to the tracker to account for them. So you don’t over eat during your meals. You can make better choices at those times.

• foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    some of my 'go to' are: havarti cheese slice, clementine, few nuts; celery, peanut butter and a few raisins,