Best gym clothes!!

Options
13»

Replies

• Aviatrix406
    Aviatrix406 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a Ross/TJmaxx shopper. But if I want to spend a little more for decent quality I really like Kora clothing. Plus when you buy you get to pick which charity you want to support. They always have promo codes running so it makes it nice! Like Gymshark but less pricey. IMO.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I'm a Ross/TJmaxx shopper. But if I want to spend a little more for decent quality I really like Kora clothing. Plus when you buy you get to pick which charity you want to support. They always have promo codes running so it makes it nice! Like Gymshark but less pricey. IMO.

I like they donate to charity. May need to check them out!
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I love old navy high waisted compression capris.
    Have tried so many brands and styles but these are always 100% squat and RDL proof. And they make them in maternity, score!
    Tops, really any thing. I like Soybu long sleeve tops on amazon for lifting.
  • From9five
    From9five Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Underarmour or Champion are my favorites. Converse for lifting, always.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Whatever (within reason) you're comfortable wearing. Shoes are very personal and should be fitted to you, there isn't any one brand that's best for everyone.

Also, workout tights and leggings are NOT the same thing. I've seen so many pairs of underwear under leggings because many ladies do not realize this.

My basic workout attire: cheap tank tops and weird running shirts (I have a thing for funny shirts).

Sports bras: Adidas, the only brand I can regularly find medium to heavy support that don't have built in cups (I'm very small chested and the built in cups are generally too big and defeat the entire purpose of a sports bra).

Running: running tights. UnderArmor, Adidas, Reebok....whatever is on sale and actual running tights.

Lifting: unisex futbol shorts, long enough to not expose myself, short enough to not bunch up behind my knees.
  • fkthisimoff2asgard
    Options
    I am a big fan of Namastetics for tights, also Lorna Jane and Ryderwear I love too. I have nearly Nike everything else, if it's not it's Lorna Jane... I'm a total fan girl, I love the quality, they last forever, and they fit great
  • oedipuss
    oedipuss Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Better Bodies for me. OK it's a little expensive but the materials are top notch and they are well made and don't go out of shape. The compression tights are fab!
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    So my favorite pants I have worn since I was my heaviest and are just now too big were c9 from Target.

My go-to pants now are Avia from Walmart, saw a youtuber review their activewear and decided I'd try it for the price. I really like them, and the pants came in PETITIE for workout pants. Can't beat that for less than $13. I bought pants and leggings, the pants I wear for athleisure and sometimes gym, the leggings are just gym.

I bought some cheap shirts off Amazon I couldn't be happier with, like $20 for 3 shirts.

That is what I'm wearing in my picture and I'm super happy with my cheap workout gear.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    So my favorite pants I have worn since I was my heaviest and are just now too big were c9 from Target.

My go-to pants now are Avia from Walmart, saw a youtuber review their activewear and decided I'd try it for the price. I really like them, and the pants came in PETITIE for workout pants. Can't beat that for less than $13. I bought pants and leggings, the pants I wear for athleisure and sometimes gym, the leggings are just gym.

I bought some cheap shirts off Amazon I couldn't be happier with, like $20 for 3 shirts.

That is what I'm wearing in my picture and I'm super happy with my cheap workout gear.

I might try the Avia brand. I got a pair of danskin brand workout leggings from walmart and I hate them. I am constantly having to pull them up
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »

I might try the Avia brand. I got a pair of danskin brand workout leggings from walmart and I hate them. I am constantly having to pull them up

I'm wearing the pants right now. They aren't perfect, they have the type of waistband with a wide waistband with a narrow elastic in it. This bothers some people, it doesn't me. But the fabric is nice (so far) and the fit is good. When I see the pants are clean in my drawer, I go for them first. I just got the leggings and have worn them once to work out (the Walmart I went to first didn't have the leggings, only the pants, otherwise I wouldn't have bought them, and I'm glad I did buy them!) but I liked them. I'll buy them again. My C9 ones from Target were thinner, which was great in the summer. These are a little heavier weight, comparatively.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I purchased a few pairs of Myprotein leggings so I will update you all on how I like them. I got a killer deal and just couldn't resist. 2 hoodies and 2 pairs of leggings for $67! Yes, please and thank you!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I only wear Versace or Prada.

.... or the sale rack at Target.

Okay, mostly Target.
  • mikaila96
    mikaila96 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I really like Old Navy’s activewear line and also have a lot from Xersion at JCPenney. Both go on sale a lot, and are still a decent price if they’re not on sale.
  • kameronbuxx
    kameronbuxx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nike anything ! Always comfortable don't have to " adjust " my pants and tops and are true to size.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Okay, mostly Target.

The "clearance" brand at Academy is usually cheaper!!! $5 futbol shorts, $8 running tights (aka not see through when bent over), heck yeah!
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm super cheap and not going to lie. I get alot of my work out clothes from a thrift store. There is a good size thrift store here that gets new or like new clothes in quite often. I refuse to pay more then $4 for a pair of workout pants that hopefully won't fit in a month or 2. I also like the cheap thin shirts at Wal-Mart that they sell for under $4. I actually just found a bunch of tank tops at Wal-Mart for $1 each.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Okay, mostly Target.

The "clearance" brand at Academy is usually cheaper!!! $5 futbol shorts, $8 running tights (aka not see through when bent over), heck yeah!

Wait.

I'm confused.

What's the point of wearing running tights if they're not see-thru when bending over?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I work out at home, so usually PJ bottoms and a tank top.
  • confidenceinrain
    confidenceinrain Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Athleta here as well. Sometimes I have luck at old navy but athleta stuff is true to sizeand lasts for years.