40 Pounds Gone!

Options
As of this morning, I’ve lost 40 pounds since joining here in January. At that point in time, I had been overweight my entire life and obese the last few years. I wanted to give weight loss another shot, but didn’t want to waste anymore time on a diet that I’d eventually get sick of and quit.
I decided to get back to basics and try counting calories-a novel approach for me- and do so in a way that I could realistically sustain forever.
I came across a few calorie counting apps and luckily chose MyFitnessPal. The set up was simple, logging was both easy and eye opening, and the forums invaluable.
I took it one day at a time, and was astounded at my progress as the weeks and months went by. It’s painfully simple, not always easy, but absolutely works. I now have a “normal” BMI and a weight I haven’t seen since junior high!
A sincere thank you to everyone who posts here, you have all been more helpful to me than you’ll ever know.

Replies

• ACDodd
    ACDodd Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
    You found something that worked and you put in the effort.
  • jaja2517
    jaja2517 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you as this journey is tough👏🏾❤. Keep up the awesome work & have a blessed evening.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    40lbs???!!!!???? W <3 W & BOOM! ...That a HUGE amount of weight blastification and a super major league accomplishment. You ROCK, period. Keep up the terrific work.
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    great result, congratulations
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Well done! Pictures?
  • yw1life2enjoy
    yw1life2enjoy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! great results.
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    Well done! Pictures?
    I should post pics, will soon!
  • supaflyjoy
    supaflyjoy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Do you mind sharing what your daily calorie limit was? And did you exercise?
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    supaflyjoy wrote: »
    Do you mind sharing what your daily calorie limit was? And did you exercise?
    Sure:). I started out at 1200 plus exercise-but I admit to sometimes not eating my exercise calories. *Do not do this!!*. Not surpisedly, after a while I began to feel like that was too low. I felt dizzy, tired and generally “draggy” so I upped it to 1400 plus exercise *and* during this time I payed close attention to my NEAT and found that incorporating more movement into my day consistently also made a difference.
    I’m still losing, slower now but losing consistently. In between seeing the scale move, I’m aware of becoming smaller (losing inches) and other non scale accomplishments.
    Using my base calories and Fitbit info, I eat 1500-1650 or so on average/day. For context, I’m 62, 5’2.5” and female with a medium build. My pant size has gone from a 12 to a 4. I walk briskly at least 30 minutes most days and do Pilates.

• Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Using my base calories and Fitbit info, I eat 1500-1650 or so on average/day. For context, I’m 62, 5’2.5” and female with a medium build. My pant size has gone from a 12 to a 4. I walk briskly at least 30 minutes most days and do Pilates.

Sounds like a very sensible and doable plan. Cograts on your success! You have motivated me today! Thanks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!