Where to start and how to keep going?

Options
I've had 2 kids in the last 3 years. I'm no where near healthy, every part of me jiggles and sags, and I'm struggling every day to get back to my healthy weight. I went vegan back in May, but my carnivore loving family only goes so far to support me. I try to work out, but lack the drive and energy. I try to eat healthy, but every Monday I feel like I'm starting all over again. I feel all alone in my efforts. My goal is to not focus on the weight, but to get back to where I'm comfortable in my own skin. I need a starting point, support, motivation, and guidance.

Replies

• tri2become1
    tri2become1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, Ann! :) If I were you, I'd start by making sure that you log your meals, religously, and maybe start some light exercising (like walking). Find some supportive friends on MFP, too, and be patient with yourself! Good luck on your journey!! :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Be confident that weightloss happens over time when you eat less, and that you can eat less of anything! Maybe it's easier for you to lose weight if you don't think about it as a struggle to lose weight, but the task of consistently eating less. A healthy diet is, likewise, varied and balanced, it's all about portions and proportions, which means anything you like can be a part of a healthy diet. In the same vein, exercise is good for you, but hardly what drives weightloss, and any kind of moving your body can be just as effective as planned and scheduled and designated exercise.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Starting point is your next meal. Each clean meal you have celebrate it, when you make a mistake learn from it and make an effort to avoid repeating it.
    Don't focus on your end goal, focus on your day to day because they will lead to your end goal.