I'm loosing just 1kg monthly

Options
13»

Replies

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    mlinci wrote: »
    It took me a year and a half to lose 21kg and get to a BMI of under 23. The great news is, this was one and a half years ago, and I’m still maintaining this weight. Because losing weight slowly, at the rate of about 1kg per month, is fantastic preparation for maintenance.

If you are losing about 1kg per month, then your actual daily calorie deficit is about 250 calories. For the last year and a half my maintenance has involved still eating at this deficit a couple of days per week, allowing me some more treats (i.e. eating a bit above maintenance) on some other days. So maintenance feels to me very much like my “regime” when I was losing a kilo per month, just a touch more relaxed, and maintenance feels nothing like my way of eating before weight loss.

Of course, the road to weight loss is also a bit bumpy, and sometimes you lose nothing for a very long time and then you suddenly go down by quite a bit, and sometimes it goes a bit up. Perfectly normal. Here is a screenshot of what my weight loss looked like.

I wish you the best in getting to the weight you want to reach.

tcgt2y7ow402.jpeg

Thank you . I'm not planning to give up but people was keep telling me I'm not doing it right because I'm loosing just 1kg in month. So much that I started to believe it. 🤷

Comparison is the thief of joy. You're losing weight at a healthy rate, therefore you're doing it correctly. I wouldn't worry about anyone else. Personally, I've learned that when I'm losing weight, the best policy is just to keep it to myself and not discuss it with people around me. Most of them have no idea how weight loss really works, anyway.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Have you taken a diet break at all during this last year?

Yes I did 3 months and I gain 2kg back .

Was it a controlled diet break or did you go all out9?

You may want to consider a reverse diet or even incorporating a refeed into your protocol.
  • Katy2Survivor
    Katy2Survivor Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

You may want to consider a reverse diet or even incorporating a refeed into your protocol.

I was on strict diet and exercise for almost a year. That is when I was loosing 1kg monthly. Then I took 3 months break zero exercise and no strict diet. So maybe now will I start loosing more on month. But bad is in this 3 months I gain 3 kg 🙄
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

I was on strict diet and exercise for almost a year. That is when I was loosing 1kg monthly. Then I took 3 months break zero exercise and no strict diet. So maybe now will I start loosing more on month. But bad is in this 3 months I gain 3 kg 🙄

Were you tracking at all during those three months?

If you weren't, and if you weren't continuing to weigh your food, it's possible that you ate above maintenance. Or you just had a water weight blip from restoring glycogen. Hard to say.
  • Katy2Survivor
    Options

Were you tracking at all during those three months?

If you weren't, and if you weren't continuing to weigh your food, it's possible that you ate above maintenance. Or you just had a water weight blip from restoring glycogen. Hard to say.

That is where I was going. Not logging and stopping all exercise isn't a controlled diet break... it's a break from most eating rules. A controlled diet break (eating at maintenance and still exercising) is beneficial. Also, incorporating refeeds (2 consecutive ultra high carb, low fat, moderate protein) is beneficial to help reduce hunger and restore leptin (fat burner hormone) levels.

Thank you ... I learn a lot in this thread .. I'm glad there is still nice people trying to help .
    Thank you all ❤
  • kzzr
    kzzr Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have had issues with scales in the past, I now only use the scales at the gym, they tell me how much is body fat, bone mass, muscle etc, you might find that you are loosing body fat and gaining muscle at an relatively equal rate. If you can get access to one of these scales I highly recommend it, otherwise ditch the scales and use your clothes/tape measure and go by how you feel, can you lift more? Win! Can you run further? Win! It's not always about the number. Good luck
  • Katy2Survivor
    Options
    Thank you 😊