How long before exercise causes weight loss?

Options
Woodsmoke
Woodsmoke Posts: 360 Member
edited September 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey guys, just wondering how long it takes for exercise to show a drop in weight?

I did massive walk yesterday, about 10k, no weight loss this morning! Feeling growchy because I should have lost something this week, and last week my big walk seemed to show up the next day!

Seriously grouchy about this. Feels like I ended up aching this morning for nothing. :(

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I always find thst when I start new excersize or increase any excersize I get some swelling, which adds water weight and I can see the change in my body shape as well on the day after excersize increased walking steps. I would sure see some swelling after increasing steps to 10,000.

Good on you for adding steps and stay with it!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    What jdubois5351 said.
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I walk this amount...plus a bit more every singe day. It will come off. Be patient :) It usually burns about 450 calories for me because I do it fast
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Still, 400 calories is a lot if mfp tells you you will lose weight eating 1200. 400 extra calories earned from walking means you could choose to eat 1600 that day and still lose weight!
  • mikeandlindasept15
    Options
    Many things go into losing weight. Walking is one type of exercise. You may need to add strength, cardio, and/or weights to your routine. Of course, eating healthy is way up there too.
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Are you walking for enjoyment or as a means to an end? Try finding an exercise you enjoy for the sake of it, not because you think it'll cause weight loss. You'll have more chance of keeping at it, and it might tone you up in the process.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Many things go into losing weight. Walking is one type of exercise. You may need to add strength, cardio, and/or weights to your routine. Of course, eating healthy is way up there too.

Losing weight comes down to a calorie deficit. Not all that have lost weight were able to include exercise. Exercise isn’t necessary for weight loss. Adding strength/weights isn’t necessary for weight loss, but it is desirable for body composition.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I'll just leave these here ...

How Does Fat Leave the Body
    https://www.verywellfit.com/how-does-fat-leave-the-body-4165132

Majority of weight loss occurs 'via breathing'
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/287046.php
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Weight loss does not happen overnight... You need to work on your patience and expectations.