What is the food you struggle most with?

Options

Replies

• pe4sandra2
    pe4sandra2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Why did I read through the comments? Now I'm craving sweet and savory. lol

And, for me, it's the salty snacks I struggle with most.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I never really think about it but tonight it's pizza. My daughter manages a pizza shop. When they come over they always bring these monster "all dressed" heart attacks in a box. I'd shave my head right now for slice or 6.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Most everything... but I'm finding ways to still eat what I want.. once a week treat meal is a must and the only way to keep my sanity lol.
    Fish and chips is my fave.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Yup me too. I've had them at almost every place in town. When we go out everyone always knows what I'm going to order lol...
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Crisps.. I could eat a whole packet in 5 minutes haha
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Bread rolls

I just can't eat a little bread roll and be done. I need more!
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Cereal. Specifically Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. Yesterday was the third time I had convinced myself I could buy them and eat them in moderation, then wolfed down three bowls one after the other and ended up tipping the rest in the compost bin because, yeah I cannot moderate that stuff.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Chocolate
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    smolmaus wrote: »
    Cereal. Specifically Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. Yesterday was the third time I had convinced myself I could buy them and eat them in moderation, then wolfed down three bowls one after the other and ended up tipping the rest in the compost bin because, yeah I cannot moderate that stuff.

OMG I can't have them in the house anymore. I might buy a one size portion pack as a treat, but if I had a normal box It'd be gone inside a week. They're like the Pringles of the cereal world-- once you pop, you can't stop!
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Starchy carbs. I go nuts. No matter how much I have, I still crave more. I don't keep them in the house any more. It's like constantly being screamed at if I know they're in the house. I will eat it just to shut up the nagging voice in my head.
    I don't necessarily deny myself if I want some thing, because I find that convenience stores have 1 single serving pack as opposed to the mega packs of single servings grocery stores sell.
    Cereal, chips/crisps, cookies, etc., can all be purchased in single serving packs at most convenience stores.
    I must walk there to get it though. :-D
  • Pankhuri_Tyagi
    Pankhuri_Tyagi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Chips. :(
    Oh god do I relate! I’m addicted to chips. I would replace multiple meals in a day with just chips🙈 Definitely the reason I gained a ton of weight
  • MeganReid1991
    MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Probably chips.. I crave them almost daily and have a hard time limiting the portion.
    Also I would say booze but honestly I’ve done pretty well with only drinking on the weekends, and I stick to a few classes of wine vs twisted teas or other high calorie beverages and I can easily fit 2 or 3 glasses of wine into my Daily calories
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Also chips for me. And wine.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Crunchy snacks with some fat to them - Potato chips, tortilla chips, Doritos, corn chips, salted nuts, cheese flavored crackers. And cheese, put me in front of a cheese platter and I'm a goner!
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Crunchy snacks with some fat to them - Potato chips, tortilla chips, Doritos, corn chips, salted nuts, cheese flavored crackers. And cheese, put me in front of a cheese platter and I'm a goner!

I hear ya!

The funny thing is, it's not all the time. I can go for weeks not even thinking about starchy foods, even when I had them in the house. Then, "Wham!" it's all I can think of. No amount of distracting activities will work once my mind is set on this stuff and I'll eat every last individually portioned pack, all the while telling myself, "I don't care, I'm gonna do it."
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    chips- I have to keep them in my car- because if i bring in the house I eat the whole bag-- oh well- I try to do individual bags and not buy any more-
  • stephyjones2018
    Options
    Fries!!!
  • darlibby
    darlibby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Brownies. I stop everywhere that sells them.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not those stupid barbeque crispy mini rice crackers. Last time I opened a bag I ate the entire thing, lol. No dinner that night.