Workout tunes?

Options
Just wondering what some of your favorite workout songs are. What do you have on your playlist? Warm-up songs, cardio songs, cool-down songs? Looking for some ideas to flesh out my own lists.

Gotta say I love me some Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch (Good Vibrations) and Run DMC (It's Tricky)!

Note: I will listen to pretty much ANY type of music, so try me!

Replies

• stelid
    stelid Posts: 60
    Options
    Girl Talk: "Triple Double"
  • missxlaur
    missxlaur Posts: 286
    Options
    dubstep music. check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cxgao2rYZw
    this is one of my fave workout songs right now. the build up in the beginning pumps me up and when the bass drops it's amazing
  • soknurdy
    soknurdy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I really like dance music. Gets me pumped!

You can also check radio playlists like http://www.dogstarradio.com/ you can search for Sirius XM radio playlists. BPM is a favorite channel of mine. Then I just buy them off iTunes. (o:
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I run to some NIN, Korn, Jimi Hendricks, Prince, AC/DC, Limp Bizkit. and that's just today..:wink:
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    bump. just interested in others' choices.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I like Spiderbait's "Picky"; Sixto Rodriguez "Only Good For Conversation"; Fitz & the Tantrums "Moneygrabber"; Modest Mouse "Cowboy Dan". I've got crappy rhythm so I like something with a hard beat to keep me going!
  • anstettk
    Options
    If you have pandora radio type in Pink, you'll get a good mix of female rock.
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    a fellow mfp'r referred me to jog.fm You can build playlists based on bpm/mile timings.
  • CapitalE
    CapitalE Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm pretty new here but have been using my blog to talk a little about what I've been listening to during work outs. I'm way more into music than I am into working out. I just posted twice about 1) Kanye/Jay-Z and 2) MC Hammer

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/CapitalE

Also - YES Girl Talk all the time.
  • Triathlynne
    Options
    Since I started doing Zumba I've become rather addicted to Pitbull.....gets the heartrate up when I run, that's for sure.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    My music I work out to includes some "older" stuff like Abba, Eric Clapton, Enya, Tina Turner.... But also like the Black Eye Peas and Bare Naked Ladies.
  • dannylives
    dannylives Posts: 611
    Options
    Hatebreed - Live For This, Travis Barker - If You Want To, Sleater Kinney - Jumpers, Skid Row - Slave to The Grind, Rollins Band - Hotter and Hotter, Refused - New Noise, Rage Against the Machine - Down Rodeo, POD - Boom, Throwdown - Forever, Pantera - Walk, Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart, Miley Cyrus - Party in The USA, Madball - Heaven and Hell, Pretty Girls Make Graves - This is Our Emergency, Lil Wayne - Drop The World, Guns N Roses - Paradise City, DMX - Where The Hood At, Def Leppard - Run Riot, Metallica - The Day That Never Comes, AC/DC - RIFF RAFF, 50 Cent - In Da Club, Slayer - War Ensemble
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    a fellow mfp'r referred me to jog.fm You can build playlists based on bpm/mile timings.

thanks for this..I have heard of this but couldn't remember when it was called!
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I’m very eclectic when it comes to music. My iPod has everything from Tupac to Etta James. However, I only workout to country. LOL! It took me a while to see why but I figured it out. I don’t dance to country. When anything with a rhythmic beat is on I want to dance and dancing on an arc trainer is dangerous! My playlist has a lot of Gretchen Wilson. I love All Jacked Up and Redneck Woman. I also have some Dixie Chicks, Leanne Womack and although she’s not country I have a girl crush on Pink so I have a lot of her on there too:smile: I will be looking at everyone’s posts for some new tunes though!
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have started choosing music by how fast the song is - I work out on an Elliptical and make playlists so that it's like Interval training.

Currently it goes like this:

My feelings for you - Avicii and Sebastian Drums
    Don't you want me - Felix
    A 10 Minute Trance Minimix that I got off YouTube (it was called Trance but it's not, it's Cascada, The Killer,s Katy Perry, Pixie Lott and a few others, all sped up to 150 BPM) - that's my first lot of Fast Ones
    Run the World - Beyonce - to slow back down
    I'm in the House - Steve Aoki - to start building it back up
    GoldDust - DJ Fresh - to proper speed it up again
    Where them Girls at - David Guetta - to bring it back down
    Louder - DJ Fresh
    Shake it - Metro Station - to speed it up again
    Give me Everything - Pitbull - to start to cool down
    Beautiful People - Chris Brown
    Knocked up - Kings of Leon (just cause I like it so much lol)

By the end of all that It's about 49 minutes and i'm ripping the earphones out my ears cause the 50 minutes is done :smile:
  • krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Sleater Kinney - Jumpers

No one I know listens to them! I LOVE SLEATER-KINNEY!
  • krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I’m very eclectic when it comes to music. My iPod has everything from Tupac to Etta James. However, I only workout to country. LOL! It took me a while to see why but I figured it out. I don’t dance to country. When anything with a rhythmic beat is on I want to dance and dancing on an arc trainer is dangerous! My playlist has a lot of Gretchen Wilson. I love All Jacked Up and Redneck Woman. I also have some Dixie Chicks, Leanne Womack and although she’s not country I have a girl crush on Pink so I have a lot of her on there too:smile: I will be looking at everyone’s posts for some new tunes though!

I'm the same way in terms of what's currently on my iPod. I like a good mix of everything :)
  • starberi30
    Options
    bump for later :)