Hi! I’m Fiona a Nurse in NYC who lives in CT and I suck at losing weight and want to be sexy again

Options
megmouse79
megmouse79 Posts: 1 Member
edited September 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I’m 39 a Nurse in NYC and live in Northwest CT with my husband, no kids. I’m just starting to get better from depression and I need to lose 30-40pounds. My main issue is I’m kind of lazy and I have a addictive personality so I’m eating and snacking way more than I should. I also recently started working in an office so that does not help things. It would be nice to meet women from my general area to chat and maybe meet for coffee or something occasionally. I’m very shy but really sweet non judgemental and open minded and I do get outgoing after feeling comfortable with someone for a while.

Replies

• Bellavita32
    Bellavita32 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Welcome.. Add me if you want
  • dlarsen1313
    dlarsen1313 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a nurse too! I had a successful 50lb wt loss almost 10 years ago, but then decided it was time to pursue my dream of nursing and went back to school. I spent my time studying instead of exercising and have been on a steady gain. Now the heaviest I have ever been with 100 to lose. Even though we run our whole 10-12 hr shift, eating right and getting enough water is a struggle when you have to spread your lunch a few bites at a time, right?

I decided it was time for no more excuses and started training for a bucketlist backpacking trip. I got my boots, a backpack, hammock. I put a picture if my BL destination on my phone home screen. I rejoined here to track my cals and macros. I started walking and doing easy day hikes. My goal is 100 down and BL hike in fall 2020.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    You could also check out meetup.com for local groups with similar interests. It's where I found my meditation group, which I found to be helpful with the munchies.