Ramen noodles

Options
I know Ramen noodles are not good, but I just saw one of my friends making them yesterday and I am really craving for them. Do you think if it is OK to eat just once?? :wink:

Replies

• Kenzie1086
    Options
    I've been wondering this too. I had a pkg. the other night...tasted so yummy. Only used half the package of seasoning, though...
  • hunterzmomma
    Options
    yes of course as long as it's within your calories!
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Now I want them, lol
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Anything is OK to eat just once. :happy:

Just keep in mind they are offering absolutely NOTHING to your body in the form of nutrients.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Love them, just don't use the seasoning packets, the sodium is INSANE!:smile:
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It's absolutely ok to eat anything as long as you stay within your calories :wink:
  • soniaa777
    soniaa777 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i think half of the package is a serving. tons of salt, but if having it keeps you on track otherwise. only 1 wont kill u.
  • francena84
    Options
    I ate ramon noodles yesterday day for lunch only cause we haven't gone grocery shopping yet. But I looked at how much sodium was in a whole package I just about threw up. 1,660 mg of sodium never again will I eat that crap
  • sapphiretyger
    sapphiretyger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Why would it not be? Is there something wrong with ramen noodles that I am not aware of? LOL you can eat anything you want as long as you keep your calories within the limit that has been set according to your weight and how much you want to lose, etc. So yes, eat them and make sure to use the MyFitnessPal food tracker to keep yourself within your calorie limit!
  • vellacraptor
    Options
    I think the biggest thing wrong with ramen is the seasoning packet rather than the noodles themselves.
    You can always use the ramen and add healthy things to it to ease your guilt, like egg and vegetables. :)

Actually there's an entire cookbook dedicated to making dishes with just the noodles. Well, several, and you can google for the recipes! : D
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Try the "Nissin - Choice Ramen" products, They are not fried, so they have less fat and they also have a lot less sodium. They also still taste pretty good.
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    The worst thing about ramen noodles is the sodium, so drink lots of water!! :)
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I use the packages sometimes, but I add vegetables so it's a bit healthier. Add some carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, stuff like that. That way, it's more filling and you're getting some sort of nutrition from it.
  • MJLavaty
    MJLavaty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just saw at the store yesterday that they offer 35% lower sodium packages of ramen now! Still must have really high sodium though...
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    if its only every once in a while, its alright. just remember the sodium in them is craaaazy! but imo ramen noodles are blech! lol
  • soknurdy
    soknurdy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I looovveeee ramen. Especially instant ramen. At home though, I don't drink the soup. ....Ok maybe a little, but definitely just a few spoonfuls. (o:

If I eat ramen outside, I just get the small size and drink half the soup. If it's reaaaaalllly good I just take the left overs to go!
  • fitwatch
    fitwatch Posts: 61
    Options
    I had them recently, added chopped green onions to the mix but did not use much of the salt/flavoring package. Just a pinch of the secret powder.
  • cheryl0000
    Options
    Better to satisfy the craving before it becomes so BIG that you go overboard, Make sure you eat other good stuff ot offset and don't use the entire seasoning package - sodium content is way too much,

Good luck
  • Fatemeh_59
    Fatemeh_59 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody :smile:
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Cook them on low sodium chicken broth.