Star Wars Fans - Need your help

pudgy1977
pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
Ok, this may end up on the Stupidest Questions thread, but can this possibly be true??

"Although deeply geeky fans know Yoda's original name was Minch Yoda, it turns out he had an even earlier name. And that name was ... Buffy. According to StarWars.com, the 900-year-old Jedi Master was named Buffy in George Lucas' outline of The Empire Strikes Back"

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Here’s how Lucas described it:

Buffy very old — three or four thousand years. Kiber crystal in sword? Buffy shows Luke? Buffy the guardian. ‘Feel not think.'”

And Lucas concludes by saying Luke will become the chosen one, “the human Buffy.” In later drafts, he thought of Yoda as a kind of small frog, and Yoda had a full name: Minch Yoda. In the earliest script draft, Minch has the immortal line: “Skywalker. Skywalker. And why do you come to walk my sky, with the sword of a Jedi knight? … I remember another Skywalker.”
  • pudgy1977
    cee134 wrote: »

Buffy very old — three or four thousand years. Kiber crystal in sword? Buffy shows Luke? Buffy the guardian. ‘Feel not think.'”

And Lucas concludes by saying Luke will become the chosen one, “the human Buffy.” In later drafts, he thought of Yoda as a kind of small frog, and Yoda had a full name: Minch Yoda. In the earliest script draft, Minch has the immortal line: “Skywalker. Skywalker. And why do you come to walk my sky, with the sword of a Jedi knight? … I remember another Skywalker.”

So...
    kawysdpkmiyw.gif

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »

So...
    kawysdpkmiyw.gif

I don't know. Looks like it.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Well now....

I'm glad we got that all cleared up; I'll be able to sleep tonight.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    i've never cared much for star wars honestly.

and really i don't like star wars threads.

ᵗʰᵉʸ'ʳᵉ ᶜᵒᵃʳˢᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ʳᵒᵘᵍʰ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶦʳʳᶦᵗᵃᵗᶦⁿᵍ
  • pudgy1977
    iMago wrote: »

Geesh...was just a question
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »

Geesh...was just a question

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not so just in case, he's referencing the REAL reason why Anakin joined the dark side:

295wof17zj6e.gif

I <3 You! But yes...I was being silly
  • NovaVita365
    NovaVita365 Posts: 9 Member
    Diet or no Diet there is no in-between
    ez1p5vpfsoh8.jpg
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    My son is a Star Wars geek. I shall lay this on him & impress him w/my knowledge.

He discounts me cuz I refer to Darth Vader as the Crispy Critter.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Star Wars ?

Live Long and Prosper !
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Star Wars ?

Live Long and Prosper !

So say we all.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    empresssue wrote: »
    My son is a Star Wars geek. I shall lay this on him & impress him w/my knowledge.

Crispy Critters... isn't that a really old country song? C.W. McCall, I believe.
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    7H3_J0K3R wrote: »
    Lucas created Jar Jar Binks and thought it was a good idea... so Buffy shouldn't surprise anyone.

LOL
  • empresssue

Crispy Critters... isn't that a really old country song? C.W. McCall, I believe.

Could be. Hmmmm, time to google......
  • empresssue
    You Tube is my friend: @midwesterner85, you are correct.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited September 2018
    You Tube is my friend: @midwesterner85, you are correct.

I'll admit... the only reason I think I might remember that is because C.W. McCall is from Iowa, about half-way between where I grew up and where I live now.

ETA: Wolf Creek Pass is a better song yet. I once drove across Wolf Creek Pass (Hwy 160 in Southern CO) in late December through the snow with a Toyota Yaris Hatchback. No chains, cables, nor snow tires. It was a long and exhausting trip.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Lucas created Jar Jar Binks and thought it was a good idea... so Buffy shouldn't surprise anyone.
    ...yet better than The Last Jedi; unfortunately.
  • Jadesfire93
    Jadesfire93 Posts: 92 Member
    ...yet better than The Last Jedi; unfortunately.

That's like saying being covered in paper cuts and swimming through lemon juice is a better option than bathing in barbeque sauce and rolling through a coal walk.