Replies

• Adele_D
    Adele_D Posts: 4,154 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! You can do this!!!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on motivation, motivation has been overused so much it's turned into a buzzword. Instead, be specific about what you want, and then figure out what you need to do to achieve it. Then you can just do it.
  • Adele_D
    Adele_D Posts: 4,154 Member
    Options
    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • crohnsfighter
    crohnsfighter Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Set small, realistic targets (e.g. lose 1 pound in 1 month), and if you overshoot the target, well done!
    Baby steps count, as long as they're going in the right direction.

But above allβ€”don't let anyone get in your head to tell you that you can't. Nobody has ever walked a step in your shoes.

If anyone has ever doubted you, the effort you put into the only body you'll ever have will prove them wrong.

For me, the best teacher has been failure. Failure to keep up the good work, failure to meet a specific goal. Why? I learned from the mistakes and approached the issues in a new way.

Hope this helps! If not, I'll smack myself in the head for you.

Cheers
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    No one can give you motivation. You either do it, or you don't. I've just come out of a 2 month period of not bothering because I didn't have the headspace & commitment to log daily. Thing is, a switch has already flicked in my head so taking two months off from my journey doesn't mean I spiral out of control and end up back at square one. It's not motivation, it's a simple choice to make a change.

As long as you need others to help motivate you, or allow them to demotivate you, then I would argue that you aren't ready to make lasting changes.
  • johnfields1967jr4209
    Options
    I make myself continue to press forward each day. Sometimes it’s not so easy but I feel better afterwards πŸ‘πŸ»
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I make myself continue to press forward each day. Sometimes it’s not so easy but I feel better afterwards πŸ‘πŸ»

Is that a Hulkamania shirt?
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Small goals accomplished are great motivators. Set realistic small goals and when you achieve them, post them so we can all cheer you on.