Size 16-18

Options
13»

Replies

• brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

Oh I don't know about that. Last week I saw stirrup pants in the store!! Lol

NO!! I mean, I can handle the denim overalls- they're kinda cute on some people. And I've seen those bodysuits, but just say no to stirrup pants. Whats next? Huge scrunchies?
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Oh I don't know about that. Last week I saw stirrup pants in the store!! Lol

NO!! I mean, I can handle the denim overalls- they're kinda cute on some people. And I've seen those bodysuits, but just say no to stirrup pants. Whats next? Huge scrunchies?

Slouch socks!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Find something you love about yourself and focus on that, then start working your way around your body until you love it ALL. )

I love this!
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I feel a lot more attractive now that I am size 16 than I did at size 20. I still want to get down to size 14 but I will never be size 10 or 12! I am too tall for that to look anything but unhealthy on me

How tall are you? My husband's ex is 6' and probably a size 6 or 8 and while I do know some of our friends say that she looks unhealthy, I can't help but notice that it's the "bigger" friends who are the ones that always say it. To me, that's simply self-serving when they say stupid stuff like that. She's completely healthy and looks wonderful! That's not to say that you have to be, but don't sell it short if that's what you want to work towards.

My husband has always told me that I would look unhealthy at anything smaller than a 10. Well, I was a 6 when he met me, I'm now an 8 and I have picture proof that even at a size 2-4 that I do not look unhealthy.

People get false pictures in their minds and stick with them. If you've never been a 10 or a 12, try it - see how it looks & better yet, feels. If it's not for you than you can always add weight in a healthy manner.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Is being a size 16/18 still attractive? I feel like I’ll never be beautiful enough until I’m a 10/12
    I want to be happy with who I am now until I get to where I want to be. I just assume my size is gross to look at. When I look at my body, especially in pictures I hate what I see....

I struggle with this. However, a 16 on me doesn't look like a size 16 on other women I don't think. I'm naturally petite. I think on taller women, it looks more natural. However, I do know some shorter girls like me who carry it well. I did not. There were times that I did, but I wasn't happy at that size and there wasn't going to be any convincing me to be. My body was carrying around weight that it anatomically was not meant to carry around and I could feel it.

I'm now getting closer to where I should be, but I am comfortable with where I'm at, even if it's not quite to my end goal. I can do all of the things that I WANT to do - run, wear cute clothes, wear a bathing suit, go on a roller coaster without fear of fitting in the seat, etc. So if I stay this size, I'm good. I guess the power for me is that I've been all of the sizes - 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20... I know what I felt at each and what each looked like. So I knew that the largest I would be comfortable at was an 8.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    April of last year, I was a size 20. Now I am a comfortable size 10. I felt huge when I was a size 20, and when I looked in the mirror, I saw nothing attractive about me. As I got smaller, I got more confident. And I started dressing better, and feeling better. I had more fun with how I looked, and what I wore.
    I am still not where I want to be, and still have more lbs I want to lose, but I am definitely more confident. Yes I see all my flaws, but I am constantly reminding myself of how far I have come. And that helps me put things into perspective. I have never "looked my weight" because I carry it well and proportioned. And as I got smaller, my curves became more noticeable. That also helps boost my confidence. I am 5"5.5, so not too tall, but not that short either.

As far as never "feeling beautiful enough", I understand. I don't either. But I have no idea what I am comparing myself to. Its like I have this unachievable and always changing idea, of what is beautiful, and I will never get there.
    It's a daily struggle to remind myself that we are all beautiful in our own way. And it has nothing to do with my size. <3
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    What other people find attractive about a person is their self-confidence, assuredness and how they carry themselves. Accept yourself and others will accept you.

And, who cares about some person that judges you on a physical attribute or measurement?
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    What other people find attractive about a person is their self-confidence, assuredness and how they carry themselves. Accept yourself and others will accept you.

And, who cares about some person that judges you on a physical attribute or measurement?
    TheRoadDog wrote: »

He's right.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of pretty, well fitting clothes for larger women. It has to do with how you wear them - with confidence and style, or like you are embarrassed. I've known lots of women who were just big women - tall and well filled out who could hold their own against any size 6.
    We live in youth obsessed culture that would make you believe that until you are a tiny size, you couldn't possibly be beautiful - but in fact, most the women you see on commercials and ads are actually 12-14 year olds that are made up to look much older.
    In comes from within, that feeling that you are beautiful and sexy and the way that you present yourself.
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Not so much at Size 18, but people seemed to think I was sexy and attractive at Sizes 16 and 14 (I'm 5'9" and have been told that I "carry extra weight well"). Men smiled at me, did me odd little favors liking opening doors or letting me cut in line, and acted as if things I said were more fascinating than their content deserved. These things have also happened when I've been at larger sizes, but only very seldom.

• PCOS_VICTOR
    PCOS_VICTOR Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Y’all are amazing!!! ❤️