measuring a serving of peanut butter

Options
13»

Replies

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    ecjim wrote: »
    Well it looks like my 2 Tbsp of peanut butter is more like 4 or 5 - I guess I shouldn't have asked the question

@ecjim
    Here you go, welcome to the club of sadness upon finding out what a serving of peanut butter actually is.....
    zajnk1n9w02s.jpg
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Imagine my shock when I discovered barely over my TBSP was the 30 grams. If you're good with underestimating, don't use the scale. Same with my cup measures--they are way off.

1 TBSP ~ 15g, not 30. Sorry.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I refuse to get a scale/weigh my food. I use a tbsp measuring spoon and level it off with a knife.

Nothing wrong with that as long as it's working for you. If/when you hit a stall/plateau, at least you'll know exactly where you should look first as the source of it and how to fix it.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon is the bigger spoon. A set of measuring spoons is really helpful if you want to get one.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Well it looks like my 2 Tbsp of peanut butter is more like 4 or 5 - I guess I shouldn't have asked the question

Yes, I hardly every have peanut butter banana smoothies since I got a digital food scale and had to stop lying to myself about what was 2 T.

Right-Now-I-Am-Feeling-Funny-Sad-Meme.jpg
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »

@ecjim
    Here you go, welcome to the club of sadness upon finding out what a serving of peanut butter actually is.....
    zajnk1n9w02s.jpg

Thanks- I will be needing those - then I will go & have me 6 or 7 servings of PB - which should be a couple of spoonful's
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options

yes..ignorance is bliss ;) and a few extra pounds too
  • pe4sandra2
    pe4sandra2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter! Totally worth the calories...measure it, weigh it, hug it, love it...eat it.