About to give up

Options
2»

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    5lbs in 3 weeks is SUPER fast at your weight!
  • brandy_losinit
    brandy_losinit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congradulations on your 5lb loss! That is very great to see :) down is down. I do agree with everyone about the goal expectations. We are all in a rush to drop it off. I have come and gone between here and weight watchers since 2013. I have lost and kept off 50lbs (47 actually) and i still have about 55 left to lose. I have been defeated by myself and the sweet/salty tooth so many times. Food is too easy to have an addiction to. Pintrest has amazing recipes to try. Ultimately this is a gradual lifestyle changing process. I used 3 tsp of sugar and cream in my coffee, now my coffee has 1 splenda and non fat milk. There are ways to modify your diet to include all the things you love in a more healthy way. Don't deny yourself. That leads to bingeing (in my world anyway). Start 1 meal at a time, 1 day at a time, 1 week at a time ya know? Fitbit is fun too! I think we get down on ourselves and need support. I am sending you a friend request :)
  • tahilson
    tahilson Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hang in there you can do it! If by chance you do eat your Chinese food that doesn’t mean it over. Start tomorrow with a vengeance! I was the same way I went bought a punching bag lol
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I've put on around 40 pounds over the last few years and I'm trying to lose it.

I had a horrible diet, fat food and soda ALL day.

For 3 weeks, I've completely changed. No fast food, no soda, no rice, no potato.. I eat around 1200 a day.

Ive only lost 5 lbs!

At 3lb/week I should be closer to 10 by now.

Im 162 right now. 33 years old. 5'3.

Very discouraged... I just want to order chinese and give up. Im giving up everything good and losing at a snails pace.

First off... Eat more. Second congrats on the 3 lbs. Third..... when the "kitten" did potatoes become the enemy? Rice? Really? The lowly potato can be your best friend. A 150 gram sweet potato has like 120 cals. That's 0.8 cals a gram! They are full of fiber, keeps you full, and micro nutrients! Dang. I dont think its until you cover then with cheese or deep fat fry them that tgey become well not so healthy, but ohh so good! Sorry for the rant!

I love sweet potatoes and could fit them in but now that I am doing keto the carbs are what I need to watch. Either way you may want to lose the brown sugar.

never put sugar on my SWEET potatos
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    5lbs in 3 weeks is great.
    Did you put those 40lbs on in 3 weeks? A month? Two months? No? Then why on earth do you think you're going to lose it that quick. If losing weight was that easy, hardly anyone would be fat.
    Get it out of your head that you NEED to lose X amount of weight in X amount of time b/c your body probably isn't going to work how you're fantasizing.
    Are you going to be happy eating crap again and possibly gaining more weight? Or months from now and more pounds lost.. are you going to be happy you stuck with it and are at or closer to your goal??
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Misty_1375 wrote: »

For 3 weeks, I've completely changed. No fast food, no soda, no rice, no potato.. I eat around 1200 a day.

Ive only lost 5 lbs!

Very discouraged... I just want to order chinese and give up. Im giving up everything good and losing at a snails pace.

Don't give up! One year ago today I was in the exact same spot you are, weight and height. I'm down a total of 30lbs (give or take). I wasn't real strict on counting until a little bit into watching what I was eating. Then I went full strict Keto. I swore though I was 5'4 and then recently found out I'm 5'3. That inch really made a difference to me!...lol. You WILL get there. It is completely possible. Make sure to stay hydrated, tons of water.

Really? WOO’s for being supportive?
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Lol all of these comments are right and encouraging!!
    I have to add though, I get it, I understand. My rational mind knows .5 LB a week is great but my irrational mind wants more! Sometimes it’s frustrating but I’m learning to celebrate different goals than just the numbers on the scale. 10 days of hitting my calorie goal = new boots😊 Increased my steps 2000 = mums for the porch. Celebrate the process it’s the only part you have control over.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options

Ive only lost 5 lbs!

Don't give up! One year ago today I was in the exact same spot you are, weight and height. I'm down a total of 30lbs (give or take). I wasn't real strict on counting until a little bit into watching what I was eating. Then I went full strict Keto. I swore though I was 5'4 and then recently found out I'm 5'3. That inch really made a difference to me!...lol. You WILL get there. It is completely possible. Make sure to stay hydrated, tons of water.

Really? WOO’s for being supportive?

Some people don't know that that the "woo" isn't "wohoo, awesome", some people may just be jerks as well.