Low fat diet / Consistent logging friends ?

Options
Hey guys! I'm looking for female friends on here for motivation, recipe ideas and open diaries to help give me ideas of what others eat! I've been dieting "this time" for almost 2 months now and have done pretty good considering I just had my second child. Most people on here seem to be doing low carb, but I do low fat high protein, low calorie. I log daily. My food isn't always perfect and I do eat a lot of wheat bread, but for my goals I do decent. I'm trying my best to make this a lifestyle change, not just another diet I eventually quit. Fingers crossed!

Replies

• Susanmcsmith
    Susanmcsmith Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would love to connect! New to the app though so I'm not sure how lol
  • analisse4536
    analisse4536 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello! I may not have the best food diary but I would love to support and motivate you. I log in everyday too :) & I too am looking to make this a lifestyle change for the better rather than treat this like a diet. Please feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm wondering how low fat and calorie, and how high protein, and if it's into extreme territories, I'd ask why. Because to lose weight you just have to eat less, but consistently, for real, and for a long time. If you go to extremes, you're going to quit, with a bang, no matter if you're calling it a lifestyle change - it doesn't matter, it's still the same sh1t, only in new wrapping.

You're ultimately the one who takes your own eating decisions, so what others eat, is not really very relevant for you. Taking a more relaxed but at the same time more serious approach - learning about nutrition while you practice to trust yourself - could help you a lot. You can eat anything you want, and you don't have to explain yourself or justify your choices. Your diet is the sum of all the things you eat all day, every day, and your body utilizes all the nutrition in all the food you eat, and it's very "forgiving" as long as it gets what it needs (which really isn't that much), so your aim isn't perfection, but an overall balanced and varied diet.

I struggled a lot with food and weight myself, and coming in here was really a game changer.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I don't log but I do low fat/low fiber.
  • keishakylejohnson
    Options
    Thanks everyone i sent all of you request! I look forward to losing with you!
  • keishakylejohnson
    Options
    Kommo, I basically try to stick to what MFP goals gives me other than I try stay under 15g of fat a day. Generally my calories are 1300-1400.
  • greenjlr
    greenjlr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have to be low fat with no gallbladder now. Welcome! Slow and steady, I log daily and trying to be healthier, I usually have short cut foods but I have a new number two now that is eating so I try and introduce healthier foods for her too!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Kommo, I basically try to stick to what MFP goals gives me other than I try stay under 15g of fat a day. Generally my calories are 1300-1400.
    But that is extremely low fat, so low that it's unhealthy, so there must be a good reason?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    But that is extremely low fat, so low that it's unhealthy, so there must be a good reason?

I have to do a low fat diet but not that low. I try and do 53 grams or less and my sat fat is 23 or less. 15g is extremely low even for a low fat diet.
  • Barbcbrown
    Barbcbrown Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am only allowed to eat 38 grams of fat a day and I find it almost impossible, at the end of the day I have calories, carbs and protein left but no carbs 😥😩.
    And tips food/ product suggestions would be really appreciated.
    Thank you
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Barbcbrown wrote: »
    I am only allowed to eat 38 grams of fat a day and I find it almost impossible, at the end of the day I have calories, carbs and protein left but no carbs 😥😩.
    And tips food/ product suggestions would be really appreciated.
    Thank you

how is it almost impossible?. eat more fruits and veggies,whole grain,beans/legumes,some nuts are low in fat, and low fat dairy products and more lean meats,fish,etc.cut down or out fried foods,cookies,cake,pastries,etc(if you havent already).look at the fat content in food. This is where you are going to have to read labels more carefully if you dont already. Im on a low fat diet I eat 53 grams or less most days. I definitely could do 38.once you do it awhile it gets easier.