Birthday cake incoming...help

Options
:sad: Someone is setting up a birthday cake (chocolate!) about 10 feet away from my desk....

Anyone got any great suggestions for avoidance? I can smell it.....:sad:

Replies

• MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Oh crap...you might want to leave
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Get your own snack out when they are eating it or else just have a small piece so you aren't craving it all day long and then end up binging on something really bad for you later!:tongue:
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Oh crap...you might want to leave

HAHAHAHA! This is where willpower comes in handy!
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    yea I would say leave as well! There is just no way around chocolate cake....unless you have a lot of cals left for the day and can just go with a tiny tiny piece....or if you wanna exercise your butt off this afternoon to make up for it!
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I'd be inclined to have a SMALL piece and then just workout extra long to make up the difference. I've done that before, lol
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Options
    Have a slice or more a sliver! You do not have to deny yourself....do you? If I did I know I probably would be binging later and that would suck. Everything is good in moderation : )
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    :sad: Someone is setting up a birthday cake (chocolate!) about 10 feet away from my desk....

When no one is looking, knock it on the floor then run away so no one sees that it was you that did it
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. That's really cruel. I totally understand about the smell thing, too; it makes it near to impossible to ignore. I wouldn't normally suggest this, but do you have some perfume you could spritz on yourself to distract your nose?
  • slaunderville
    slaunderville Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Keep typing to us and it will keep your hands free of getting up and getting a piece...

9195478.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • pharmagirl43
    Options
    We just had a birthday cake for the President of our company, but the Marketing team did not eat it! The rest of the company was shocked to see the will power!
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I can smell it.....:sad:

put some vicks under your nose, or something else that smells strong so you can't smell it anymore!
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options

When no one is looking, knock it on the floor then run away so no one sees that it was you that did it

Or that. That would work just fine, too. ;)
  • Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    log it into your diary, and see where it will put you and then decide if you really want it and if its worth it
  • JacqueeeP
    Options
    That's the worst! Hopefully you have a "stash" of a low calorie alternative, if so , snack on that! If not, maybe a smaller chocolate indulgence like 1 hersheys kiss (2?)....if you HAVE TO, get a very small piece and make up for it later. Remind yourself how much walking it will take to burn it off and that might do the trick. Good luck!!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

HAHAHA..I love that idea! I'd be helping a few people out around here. I think I dodged the bullet, because they decided to move it over by the "birthday girl", who is around the corner and out of site, so I may just survive. I have about 90 minutes left of my workday, so I'm going to be the 'little engine that could...'

Thanks Everyone!
    :happy:
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options

YES! If you can't leave, do this!!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    ya know - a normal size of b'day cake (like the kind you make from a box, w/canned frosting) is about 300-400. The piece would be about the size of 3"x3". A big cake from let's say Costco or a super size store is around 350 for one of the standard pieces...... not terrible!

If you have the cals - go for it, if you don't, then exercise it off later! Or cut back on something else in your day!

Cake is one thing I truly love so I'd rather eat it and exercise it off.......

good luck!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    It IS a Costco cake. I starting thinking about the sugar-crash and bad headache I'll probably have later if I eat some though, and that helps. I've lost 8 lbs since starting MFP, so I hate to undo any hard work unless its for something really amazing!
  • slaunderville
    slaunderville Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Remember the quote in your signature..I like the part that says
    "excuses are for people who need them".

You are doing great and you can get through this!!

9195478.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I am a sweet-aholic. I would have a piece and make up for it later :) I can't help it.

Someone already told me they are bringing brownies to work tomorrow and I will have one. I will just add a bit to my exercise and eat a healthier/lower calorie dinner!