NOM NOM NOM...MOMS HOUSE MAKES YOU FAT....HEEEELLLLLPPPPP

Options
royalty819
royalty819 Posts: 145 Member
edited September 2018 in Motivation and Support
So I don't have to work until 4:30 today and I am at home which is actually my mamas house.(just moved back in the city, I'm saving for my own place) She has tons of junk food because she has a home daycare Monday thru Friday. And its 1:30 p.m and lets just say I've already exceeded my calorie and nutritional goals. I know that it's wrong, and I feel guilty before I even open the packages and shove them down my throat like some kind of starved animal...I can not control myself. Its very frustrating because I have lost 5 pounds this week and I have exercised very well this week. And now I am backtracking. Or should I say back eating? I am not home most of the week, I am only home to sleep at night, half of Saturday before I go to work at 4:30, and Sunday because its my ONLY off day. Through out the week I do so well away from home, I stay within my nutrient and calorie goals and I am HIGHLY active. (SOMETIMES I BURN OVER 1,000 CALORIES A DAY) But when I am home I go crazy, which is delaying my weight loss. I have been at my goal weight of 140 pounds since 2015 and this year I'm back up to 165 since staying with mama. I'm scared im going to end up 225 pounds again. Ive tried out of sight out of mind, and staying busy. But all I can think about are those cookies mamas got that I called myself hiding from my self and "I KNOW YOURE IN THERE CHIPS AHOY....IM COMING FOR YOU!"

UGH. Why. When I have my own place junk food is forbidden from my home.Everything is fresh. I make sure to enjoy food but I dont keep a box of honey buns in my pantry. I go to the coner store and get my craving and thats that. Its not like im depriving myself and then binging. I just have a real impulse control problem. (I've "suffered" with ADHD since a small child into adulthood, they say imlulse control is one of our "problems") if its in the house I fail miserably, which is why one of my rules is "DONT YOU BRING THAT BOX OF SATANIC DONUTS IN MY HOUSE GIRL!!!"

THIS ISN'T "Oh I ate a package of minibites blueberry muffins today. I really enjoyed them."

I'm talking "oh my effing gosh I ate the whole entire pantry and half of the shelving too. Oreos, cookie crisp and Doritos and now I'm eating ice cream. omgosh i cant stop. Heyyyyyyyy pizza bites I see you! Dont worry you next baby....nom nom nom."

Help me
What do I do? :s:s:s:s:s:s

Replies

• alicebhsia1
    alicebhsia1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    maybe you could ask her to lock them up?
  • royalty819
    Options
    maybe you could ask her to lock them up?

Very good Idea. I like that a lot!
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Maybe suggest that junk food for her day care kids cold be replaced with more healthy snacks for the kids???
  • mazurkiepolish
    mazurkiepolish Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I don’t really think “junk” food is the enemy here. I would ask myself “why am I craving it so much?” And then go over what I’ve eaten the past week. When I restrict myself, and only allow myself to eat “fresh” food and “clean” food i am more likely to crave that cookie that I don’t allow myself to eat or that donut I passed up at work. The best thing about dieting is that you can eat whatever you want as long as you are in a deficit. And even if you do go over your calories once a week, it really won’t matter. Have you thought that maybe you are restricting too much?

If it’s just a control thing, where you can’t stop at 1 or two cookies and need to eat the whole pack, can you talk to your mom about getting different types of snacks?
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,318 Member
    Options
    some things are hard to resist. I would ask her to lock them up too. I can control almost everything I eat except sausage & hard salami so I don't have them around. I don't deprive myself, I don't binge. I don't have an eating disorder. I can eat 1 oz of lays chips (my favorite) or 1-2 cookies occasionally. I had 1/2 cup of yummy ice cream yesterday but I'll eat the whole pack of sausages or hard salami so I understand
  • royalty819
    Options
    I don’t really think “junk” food is the enemy here. I would ask myself “why am I craving it so much?” And then go over what I’ve eaten the past week. When I restrict myself, and only allow myself to eat “fresh” food and “clean” food i am more likely to crave that cookie that I don’t allow myself to eat or that donut I passed up at work. The best thing about dieting is that you can eat whatever you want as long as you are in a deficit. And even if you do go over your calories once a week, it really won’t matter. Have you thought that maybe you are restricting too much?

If it’s just a control thing, where you can’t stop at 1 or two cookies and need to eat the whole pack, can you talk to your mom about getting different types of snacks?

I do allow myself to indulge usually. I dont like, forbid foods from my life and then go on an all out binge. It's definitely something else lol. Cause i work at a thai resturant as a cook but its like...something happens when im at my moms house and I know there are sweets in that evil pantry lol 😳 thank you for your response. It definitly feels better being able to talk to people on a similar journey and can offer advice and personal thoughts.
  • royalty819
    Options
    Evamutt wrote: »
    some things are hard to resist. I would ask her to lock them up too. I can control almost everything I eat except sausage & hard salami so I don't have them around. I don't deprive myself, I don't binge. I don't have an eating disorder. I can eat 1 oz of lays chips (my favorite) or 1-2 cookies occasionally. I had 1/2 cup of yummy ice cream yesterday but I'll eat the whole pack of sausages or hard salami so I understand

This is definitly me. Im not someone who deprives myself, but i know that i am an impulsive eater if unhealthy (especially sweet) food is in the house. Which is why I dont keep it around. If im craving a honey bun I go to tge convenient store and buy just that. A, as in 1, honey bun. I do not go to walmart and buy a whole box because that box will be demolished by sunset. Lol 😂😨
  • royalty819
    Options
    royalty819 wrote: »
    She has tons of junk food because she has a home daycare Monday thru Friday...
    cookies
    CHIPS AHOY
    honey buns
    DONUTS
    minibites blueberry muffins
    Oreos
    cookie crisp
    Doritos
    ice cream
    pizza bites
    Maybe suggest that junk food for her day care kids could be replaced with more healthy snacks for the kids???
    ^This. I don't think I'd let my kid go to a daycare with a snack menu like the above.

OTOH, since this isn't a made-for-TV feelgood movie, you probably aren't going to be able to change your mom much. Locking up the daycare snack supplies sounds like a good idea, if you can get your mom to go for it.

...I have been at my goal weight of 140 pounds since 2015 and this year I'm back up to 165....
    ....I have lost 5 pounds this week...
    Dude. No.

You weigh, literally, half what I do: my start weight was 313. And I can't lose 5 lbs per week and be healthy, and I certainly can't lose 5 lbs per week without wanting to gnaw on the furniture. I can safely lose a max of 2 lbs per week because of my high body weight; and, at half my weight, you really should not be losing more than one pound per week.

It sounds to me like maybe you aren't eating enough non-snack foods. I've found that when I'm hungry or craving high calorie foods, I'm usually also way low on one or more of my macros (usually protein). My body needs food, and when it is deprived, my body will latch on to the most calorie-rich thing in sight and seek to devour it. But my body is not a nutritionist, and it isn't capable of seeing that its needs would be better satisfied by passing up the Oreos for something like yogurt with fresh fruit mixed in.

Once I've eaten at least 80% or so of all my macros for the day, then it's usually much easier for me to look at that box of cookies and say, "Nah, not today" (or, sometimes, even, to eat just one or two).

Yes, very true information you have just delivered to me. And i thank you 😳 however i promise you that i eat a very healthy and nutrient filled diet (most days) my activitly level is extremly high with out even setting aside time to work out. I ride my bike or walk to and from work daily, and to and from my errands. On some days I end up walking over 30, 000 steps. And as of this past week i have become more self conscious of the weight ive gained because people are noticing it now lol. So on top of my daily physical activity I've began running 1.5-2 miles every morning and during my hour lunch break I ride my bike around town as fast as I can.

But because morbid obesity runs in my bio family, (my bio dad died at 586 pounds, my bio mom at 364) it doesnt matter how much exercise I do if my diet is crap. I MUST be like, borderline religious about my diet. But it seems like if my diet is under control, the weight almost falls off.

For whatever reason, i loose weight fast, but i also gain it fast.

Forgive me i am rambling at this point going on and on sorry to bore you...
    If there is a way to slow down weight loss to be healthy let me know.

Is fast weight loss still considered unhealthy if it is done by a (healthy) diet and exercise?

I usually meet or at least come very close to meeting my daily calorie goals. Sometimes I even go over...opps. Lol
  • royalty819
    Options
    countcurt wrote: »
    So, let’s see...Mommy made me fat?

If you lost five pounds this week have you considered that you’re overly restrictive with your eating. Which may lead to pent up frustration such that when you have the opportunity to indulge, you overdo?

Lmao no mommy didn't make me fat ha ha. It is definitely my lack of self control.

I don't deprive, but you mentioning the word frustration did trigger a thought that maybe I was stress eating today and other days in the past I have done this. I will have to pay more attention to my emotions and what thought are running through my minds next time these urges come. Maybe make note of them
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Honestly I also cannot control what is around me, but what i can do is control MYSELF. Get a food scale and weigh and measure everything. Even if you cheat measure and weigh and enter it. that way you can SEE where you went wrong. Self control is the only choice for you right now until you can get into a place of your own. Ask yourself HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT THIS?
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    cookies
    CHIPS AHOY
    honey buns
    DONUTS
    Oreos
    cookie crisp
    Doritos
    ice cream
    pizza bites
    Maybe suggest that junk food for her day care kids could be replaced with more healthy snacks for the kids???
    ^This. I don't think I'd let my kid go to a daycare with a snack menu like the above.

OTOH, since this isn't a made-for-TV feelgood movie, you probably aren't going to be able to change your mom much. Locking up the daycare snack supplies sounds like a good idea, if you can get your mom to go for it.

...I have been at my goal weight of 140 pounds since 2015 and this year I'm back up to 165....
    Dude. No.

You weigh, literally, half what I do: my start weight was 313. And I can't lose 5 lbs per week and be healthy, and I certainly can't lose 5 lbs per week without wanting to gnaw on the furniture. I can safely lose a max of 2 lbs per week because of my high body weight; and, at half my weight, you really should not be losing more than one pound per week.

It sounds to me like maybe you aren't eating enough non-snack foods. I've found that when I'm hungry or craving high calorie foods, I'm usually also way low on one or more of my macros (usually protein). My body needs food, and when it is deprived, my body will latch on to the most calorie-rich thing in sight and seek to devour it. But my body is not a nutritionist, and it isn't capable of seeing that its needs would be better satisfied by passing up the Oreos for something like yogurt with fresh fruit mixed in.

Once I've eaten at least 80% or so of all my macros for the day, then it's usually much easier for me to look at that box of cookies and say, "Nah, not today" (or, sometimes, even, to eat just one or two).

Yes, very true information you have just delivered to me. And i thank you 😳 however i promise you that i eat a very healthy and nutrient filled diet (most days) my activitly level is extremly high with out even setting aside time to work out. I ride my bike or walk to and from work daily, and to and from my errands. On some days I end up walking over 30, 000 steps. And as of this past week i have become more self conscious of the weight ive gained because people are noticing it now lol. So on top of my daily physical activity I've began running 1.5-2 miles every morning and during my hour lunch break I ride my bike around town as fast as I can.

But because morbid obesity runs in my bio family, (my bio dad died at 586 pounds, my bio mom at 364) it doesnt matter how much exercise I do if my diet is crap. I MUST be like, borderline religious about my diet. But it seems like if my diet is under control, the weight almost falls off.

Is fast weight loss still considered unhealthy if it is done by a (healthy) diet and exercise?

I usually meet or at least come very close to meeting my daily calorie goals. Sometimes I even go over...opps. Lol
    Yes. You can eat too few calories worth of healthy foods just like you can eat too few calories of not-so-nutritious foods.

Your body needs its fuel. There's a minimum level you really should not go below: and the more activity you do, the more fuel your body needs and the higher that level gets. (I don't mean to frighten you, but below that minimum level the body starts taking fuel not just from fat; but from lean muscle and sometimes even your internal organs. Losing weight too fast can also cause electrolyte imbalances and liver damage. It is scary *kitten*, and you should not mess with it.)

What I would recommend for you is this:
    - Go back to the "Goals" page, and redo the set-up for your current weight, the highest activity level, and one pound per week.
    - You mentioned being "borderline religious" about your diet. For a least a week, be absolutely devout about weighing and logging everything you eat; and about recording and logging every bit of exercise.
    - And religiously eat your calories back to your within no less than 5-10% of your goal. Get as many calories as you can from nutrient-rich foods.
    - Weigh yourself at the beginning and end of the week. If you've lost more than a pound, adjust your calorie goal upwards. Do not adjust it downwards unless you've actually gained weight.

(Also, may I delicately suggest that you consider what emotional connections there might be between your binges, your mother's trove of high calorie snacks, your feelings about moving back in with your mom while you're getting onto you feet financially, your concerns about your parents' obesity, and your reactions to other people noticing your weight? I don't mean to presume at all, but it seems like there might be some useful insights to be found.)

This is hard work, I know. If healthy weight loss were easy, everyone would do it. :wink:
  • royalty819
    Options
    cookies
    CHIPS AHOY
    honey buns
    DONUTS
    Oreos
    cookie crisp
    Doritos
    ice cream
    pizza bites

Dude. No.

Yes. You can eat too few calories worth of healthy foods just like you can eat too few calories of not-so-nutritious foods.

Your body needs its fuel. There's a minimum level you really should not go below: and the more activity you do, the more fuel your body needs and the higher that level gets. (I don't mean to frighten you, but below that minimum level the body starts taking fuel not just from fat; but from lean muscle and sometimes even your internal organs. Losing weight too fast can also cause electrolyte imbalances and liver damage. It is scary *kitten*, and you should not mess with it.)

What I would recommend for you is this:
    - Go back to the "Goals" page, and redo the set-up for your current weight, the highest activity level, and one pound per week.
    - You mentioned being "borderline religious" about your diet. For a least a week, be absolutely devout about weighing and logging everything you eat; and about recording and logging every bit of exercise.
    - And religiously eat your calories back to your within no less than 5-10% of your goal. Get as many calories as you can from nutrient-rich foods.
    - Weigh yourself at the beginning and end of the week. If you've lost more than a pound, adjust your calorie goal upwards. Do not adjust it downwards unless you've actually gained weight.

(Also, may I delicately suggest that you consider what emotional connections there might be between your binges, your mother's trove of high calorie snacks, your feelings about moving back in with your mom while you're getting onto you feet financially, your concerns about your parents' obesity, and your reactions to other people noticing your weight? I don't mean to presume at all, but it seems like there might be some useful insights to be found.)

This is hard work, I know. If healthy weight loss were easy, everyone would do it. :wink:

Thank you so much. I will definitly take your advice, my goal isnt just to be skinny. I want to live a long and healthy life.

And yes. I do believe there is some emotional stress there, amd lets all jist admit food does make you feel a little better...until the binge is over ha ha.
  • royalty819
    Options
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    Honestly I also cannot control what is around me, but what i can do is control MYSELF. Get a food scale and weigh and measure everything. Even if you cheat measure and weigh and enter it. that way you can SEE where you went wrong. Self control is the only choice for you right now until you can get into a place of your own. Ask yourself HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT THIS?

Thank you 😄 because i can use that advi e in other areas in my life not just health and fitness.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I read a great quote the other day.. "it doesn't get easier, you just get stronger." You need to get stronger at mama's house. You've lost the weight before, you know what to do; sounds like you have it down.. you just need to get strong and pass by those honey buns!